Chapter 38 Going to the County Town Again

Start from the beginning

"It's normal. The supply of materials is tight in the towns. It's not just here. It should be the provincial capital and the county town above. The materials are tight."

Jiandan, I understand. The place is small and it's not suitable.

The county town is just the place where Jiandan gets off the train. It's a county town. I didn't look at it carefully before.

Well, I don't have time to look carefully today.

After entering the county town, the two of them went straight to the supply and marketing cooperative. Fortunately, the county town is a county town. It is much better than the commune. The pedestrians on the road are not as thin and listless as those in the commune, but they are not much better.

It was already late at noon, and there were really no people in the supply and marketing cooperative. When they heard that the little girl who came in wanted to buy a big jar, several salesmen were stunned. In this year's situation, no one really came to ask if this thing was not enough to eat or drink. For a while, no one really answered.

Jiandan was also stunned. If there is, there is, and if there is no, there is no. What kind of reaction is this?

"Sister?"

She was young, had a tender face, and spoke politely. Calling her that made the mothers feel a little embarrassed.

"Hey, hey, what do you want?"

"Little sister, what did you want?"

"Oh, I want two big jars for pickled cabbage and a few small jars for pickled vegetables. By the way, do we have sticky rice?"

Several salesmen looked at each other. They asked for several things, all of which were unpopular. Whose prodigal child was this?

But they didn't have to ask questions. It was a good thing to be able to sell the goods.

"Little sister, are you sure you want these things? You can't return them if you regret buying them?"

The main thing was these few things. Not only were they not cheap, but the big jars and jars could be used for many years, but they were disposable, like restocking. They didn't want their families to come back later. They would rather not sell them than go through the trouble.

"I won't regret it, sister. I am an educated youth who went to the countryside to settle down. These things are purchased for life needs. I can make the decision myself."

"That's fine. There are big jars and pots here. As for sticky rice, there is only sticky corn. Come over here and take a look."

To be honest, among the coarse grains, Jiandan's perception of corn is better.

"Sister, is this the new grain this year?"

She didn't know, but she also learned some clichés.

"What a coincidence. This was sent by the villagers of the brigade below. They also suffered a disaster today. They originally wanted to grow some sticky corn to satisfy the children and the elderly, but they didn't harvest much. They didn't have enough food to eat, so they didn't care about so much. They just brought it all over to exchange for grain."

Jiandan didn't care so much. Seeing that there were only dozens of kilograms in total, she simply waved her hand,

"Sister, I want all of them."

"You want all of them?"

Three or four voices questioned at the same time,

"Do you really want it? This is nearly 100 kilograms? Don't waste it."

Jiandan's reason was ready,

"Sister, I also want to bring some for the educated youth comrades who went to the countryside with me. We will share it among several of us. After it is done, we will mail it back home to taste."

Several people then retracted their gazes. After all, this reason is very common. The educated youth who went to the countryside in a place often went out alone to purchase. One was for work points and the other was for transportation. They all lived well.

Another thing is that it is very common for children to send some local specialties to their families when they go to the countryside. If they receive such a package, their parents can show off for a long time at home.

Several salesmen helped to pack the bags and told jokes,

"Little sister, you are so young, but you still have a lot to worry about."

"Yes, you are too young, why did you go to the countryside at such a young age?"

Simple truth is naturally not allowed, but there are sets of words,

"My family members are working hard for the country's construction in their own positions, and I can't fall behind. I hope to use my own hands to contribute to the country's construction in the countryside."

The educated youth are glorious, and it was still very loud in the first few years.