✩ Really Hot ✩

Start from the beginning

I'm going to slit his throat.

Any moment now, my teeth were going to crack from all the gritting I was doing. Chase looked at me with his wide blue eyes, nodding to Ayan's reasoning. "As much I hate to disagree, he makes a fair point."

"A taxi is also reliable, Mr. Chase." Displaying my forced smile, I reminded myself that this oblivious idiot was in fact my boss, and had a great part in my career advancements.

Voicing his final protests and making me promise that I would let Ayan drive me home, he paid for the bill and bid us goodbye.

Determined to ignore the twat and keep my razor words at bay, I stepped out the restaurant. Waving my hand as the limited taxis flashed by, one finally came to a stop near my feet.

I leaned down and smiled uncomfortably at the driver, immediately noticing his leering eyes following me from head to toe. I suppressed a shudder and threw another look down the road hoping to spot a free taxi with a non-creepy driver.

After a few more seconds of contemplating, I sighed in resignation, "Melling—"

An arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back against a hard body, cutting off my words.

"Not happening." I craned my neck to noticed Ayan's dark gaze glaring down at me. Turning to face the eerie taxi driver, his commanding voice rumbled against my back, "Leave. Before I report you for indecent behaviour." And that's all it took for the vehicle to speed off down the street.

I shoved his arm free and stepped to a respectable distance while facing him.

"Are you really that stupid? You saw his leering gaze, and yet you were willing to sit in the same car as that creep?" Ayan growled.

He cut off my assertion to continue. "Can you ever think rationally? Seriously, are you not concerned about your own safety?" He huffed, running his fingers through the gelled hair.

"Okay fine, that was stupid of me." The surprise that flickered through his eyes was satisfying, "but you basically threatened my boss to let you drive me home."

"Whatever. I'm going to the restroom, so don't you dare move Akira." He said, ignoring my statement, and slipping back into the restaurant.

I huffed loudly in irritation, startling an elderly couple walking along the street. Immediately apologizing with a heated cheeks, I slipped my hair out of its original bun, and glanced across the street.

Screw the wine, I need something stronger.

Acknowledging that I would not take the risk of a taxi, but still irritated at Ayan, I rebelliously I crossed the street and walked into the quaint and seemingly decent bar. Smirking to myself as I pictured Ayan's discontent, I slipped inside noticing only a few people littered around the tiny room.

Striding straight to the bar and settling into the stool, I turned to the young bartender and plastered a dazzling smile, "I'll have a shot of vodka please."

He arched an eyebrow, "Rough night?"

"You have no idea."

A few seconds later, he placed the shot in front of me, and without hesitation, I gulped it down, feeling the burn in my throat. I coughed, spluttering, "Why do people drink that?"

The bartender laughed at the visible distaste on my face, simply shaking his head. I sighed, and glanced at the door just as it opened, revealing the furious jerk.

Rolling my eyes, I turned back towards the boy, "Actually can I have two more shots?"

"I thought you just asked why people drink it?" He replied bemused.