introduction

BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK, MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ PART 1, 'LOWKEY' BY NINTENDOUZZ (me!)

if you're too lazy, basically kageyama and y/n are in a lowkey relationship. in the last chap, kageyama and y/n take back a card that oikawa took from kags by jumping him (LOL), and as they run away, oikawa snaps a picture of them together.

and that is the beginning of highkey.

two teenagers sit at the table of a cafe on opposite sides, ignoring the constant wandering eyes of customers as they made nothing less of a grand entrance 5 minutes ago.

"IS HE GONE?" y/n slammed the glass door open.

the cold air conditioning against their hot skin made them feel colder, but it felt good. the constant running made their chests heave up and down, sweat on their forehead, legs slightly shaking from the adrenaline rush.

back stuck on the chair with sweat, the guy sat up and took a gloriously cold and frosty drink in his hands. the girl watched as his lips sipped on the straw, narrowing her eyes.

"we outran him." putting the drink down, the guy smiled when he parted with the straw, breathless.

however, the girl didn't seem as enthusiastic as him, "no shit, we ran like 10 kilometres." she stated pessimistically.

clearly, kageyama was proud of his own feat and didn't even notice her glum reaction. 'i was so fast, i was like lightning mcqueen.' the boy thought to himself, taking another sip.

'we didn't need to run that far, but he kept pulling me with him!', the grumpy and tired girl thought to herself as she stared at him, crossing her arms.

suddenly, the girl recalled something, rocking her mood even more. she glances at her boyfriend, his awed expression, "tobio..."

"yeah?" he perked his head up at the sound of his name.

she could remember the exact words of oikawa tooru, "is that your girlfriend?" he pointed to you, almost mockingly.

"he called me your girlfriend." she stated, and when she looked up she was met with the blank face of her boyfriend. kageyama rests his cheek in his hand, cocking an eyebrow, "yeah, and?"

"he's not supposed to know that." her eyes wandered to the side.

the boy thought about her words, and realised, "yeah, he's not." he said out loud. but then he thought about it more, "i think it was just teasing, i don't think he actually meant it, like he knows." he concluded.

she was still skeptical, "are you sure?" she asked.

he rested his elbows on his lap, gently pressing on his fingers to crack his knuckles, "i mean yeah, oikawa-san is always just like that, i don't think he knows anything."

even when he said this, he could see the worried look on her face, it was clear as day, even though it was afternoon right now.

even if she didn't know, he could read her as much as she could for him.

reaching for the vanilla frappe in his hand, he took it off the table and brought it to her hand. she tilted her head to the side, confused, but didn't hesitate to drink from it. kageyama leaned over the table and fixed her hair, "everything will be fine, y/n." he whispered, comforting her.

a heated emitted from her cheeks, eyes blinking away so he wouldn't catch her nervous and all.

he did.

the couple in the cafe comforted each other, drinking from the same straw. the both of them felt it together. what was it?

the temporary feeling of relief.

would you still like me even if everyone told you otherwise?

of course

it's okay

you can leave

you know

maybe those rumours about you

were right

see this is why i wanted to keep what we had

lowkey

now it's all ruined

kageyama and y/n's secret relationship has been blossoming, but their relationship quickly gets tested when oikawa tooru gets his hand on a picture of them together, threatening to ruin it all.

WARNING ⚠️:
smut
mature themes and languages
fighting/violence
lots of betrayal and gossip

ps if u want the lowkey playlist on spotify link is in my bio. love u!

HIGHKEY | tobio kageyama

by lei <3