Chapter 21 Going up the mountain to collect firewood, encountering Red Mushroom

Start from the beginning

Those dead leaves are good for lighting fires, but they are not resistant to burning. I don't like to carry them back because it's troublesome, and the basket will burn up in a short time.

I pick up branches, and then go back to pull some corn leaves from the fields. Those are very useful for lighting fires. They are dried and can be lit at a touch."

The three people picked up firewood while listening to simple experience sharing.

Jian Dan still felt sorry,

"If there is a dead tree like that, it can be used as firewood for several days if it is pulled back. The trunk is resistant to burning."

"Jian Zhiqing, what about this one?"

Jian Dan took a glance,

"That is mugwort, which can also be burned.

I heard that in summer, if you cut a few green mugworts and light them with fire, they won't burn if they are wet. The smoke is very effective against the insects and mosquitoes in the countryside, but it is very choking. If this one is lit at the door, the wind will blow and the smoke can be seen in half of the village."

Now it is completely withered, and the original leaf shape can no longer be seen. It is so brittle that it will break into pieces at the touch. The three people stared at it for a long time but couldn't find a hole.

"I'll tell you next year when it's ready. It tastes good, not pungent."

"Hey, Jian Zhiqing, Jian Zhiqing, I think I've seen that red fruit, over there,"

The three of them ran over as if they had seen something new,

"This is a wild red mushroom, the only one still alive on this mountain. The colder it gets, the sweeter it tastes, and it tastes even better after a frost. You can pick this and string it along the stem with a needle and thread, and hang it by the door or window. Isn't it pretty?"

The male comrade is still a little short, two The female educated youth felt the same way.

"It's true. The color is festive."

"Yeah, if you're greedy, just pull one down. Besides, the skin is a good thing for reducing inflammation and relieving heat. If you have a sore throat, just drink the skin with water. It's very useful."

"Isn't it full of treasures? Then pick them all back."

"Pick them back. There are not many fruits on the mountain. This one is also a fish that slipped through the net. Otherwise, it would have been picked long ago."

This unexpected discovery surprised the newcomers and reduced their resentment towards the mountain.

"There are still good things on this mountain."

"Of course, these are all treasures of nature. If people down the mountain can't survive, this mountain is their last resort."

On a slope, they simply found two dead trees, broke off the branches and twigs, tied them together with the firewood they picked up, and dragged the bare trunks away.

"That's yours, pack it up and go."

The three looked at each other, and finally the only male comrade rolled up his sleeves and trimmed the tree like Jian Dan, but he almost fell over when he lifted it up. He was shocked and swept the two pieces of wood back and forth.

"Jian Zhiqing, is it really easy for you to carry it?"

Li Yan went over and tried, but she couldn't lift it at all. The two pieces of wood just shook slightly.

The three people looked at Jian Dan with more enthusiasm.

"Jian Zhiqing, are you a strongman?"

After the autumn harvest, there was nothing to do, and Jian Dan had forgotten that his strength was different from that of ordinary people.

"It's okay, but I'm a little strong. It's hereditary. You can't envy me."

Jian Dan was carrying a piece of wood in front, and there were some broken branches in his backpack.

Lin Zhaodi was carrying three pieces of firewood, and Chen Jianguo and Li Yan were carrying the dead wood and slowly following.

"Can we bring tools with us next time? If we encounter this again, we can handle it. It would be a pity if we can't carry too many things."

"Of course, as long as you have the tools, you can do whatever is convenient."

Li Yan couldn't hold back her laughter. As soon as she relaxed, the things in her hand fell out of her hand. Chen Jianguo behind her reacted quickly and let go and dodged.