"Also, we were thinking of coming out there for a week or so before Jenna can't travel anymore. But, Sam, you'll still have to go to school."

"I can handle that. Can we take the littles to... uh... you know where?" I asked. I knew Junie would love Disneyland.

"Probably. We just need a place to stay," Dad said, pretending to be thinking.

"Don't be ridiculous. You'll stay here," Uncle Brendon said. Dad smiled at him and nodded.

They talked a little more about it and hashed out some details. And with that, my parents and siblings were coming back to visit in a week!  I was so excited! 

Once we were done on the phone, and Mom and Dad were satisfied that I was okay and was not spiralling down some mental health whirlpool, and I wasn't. I was feeling - okay - we hung up and I sat back in my chair. Uncle Brendon sat down at the table in front of me. He was smiling.

"A brother, huh?" He smiled.

"A brother," I smiled back.

"Exciting," he said.

"I swear, I thought she'd have another girl. But I'm excited. He's going to be so spoiled.  By, like, everyone," I smiled. Uncle Brendon nodded.

Aunt Sarah came in just then.

"I'm heading out to get groceries," she said. "Sam? Want to come or do you have homework?"

"I have some but I can do it later. I wouldn't mind getting out for a bit. I've got too much pent up energy," I said. Aunt Sarah looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Mom's having a boy!" I exclaimed. She hadn't been downstairs when I found out.

"No way!" Aunt Sarah exclaimed. "That's so exciting! I thought they were having another girl."

"Me too," I smiled.

"Okay, let's burn off some of that energy. Grab a raincoat and let's head out," Aunt Sarah said, smiling.

I went to the front closet and pulled out my rain coat while Aunt Sarah grabbed hers and we went out.

We started out at Whole Foods where Aunt Sarah for some of the granola and berries and some of the canned goods she likes from there. Then we went to Trader Joe's and got their stuff. You can't find Trader Joe's stuff anywhere but there. And it's all so good!  We went to a couple more stores, got milk and cheese and fruit and stuff. Then we went to the butcher and got meat and chicken and burgers.

"How are you doing?" Aunt Sarah asked. We'd been out for a couple of hours and I hadn't had a snack. I checked my glucose.

"I could use a snack. I'm starting to trend low," I said.

"Starbucks?" She asked.

"Sure," I smiled.

We pulled up to a drive through and ordered our drinks. I still had to get sugar free, but I also got the fruit snack that has peanut butter, apple slices and trail mix. I bolused and ate my snack, offering Aunt Sarah some. She took an apple slice and peanut butter.

Once we were home, I helped her carry in the groceries and Uncle Brendon helped us unpack and put things away.

Once that was done, I went upstairs to do my homework. I didn't have a lot, but it exhausted me anyway. I'm still working on my stamina from the accident and coma.

I lay down on my bed once I was done my homework and dozed off.

I was woken up by Aunt Sarah.

"Sam, your sugar's low and it's lunchtime. Are you okay?" She said looking at me worriedly.

"I'm okay," I said, sitting up shakily.  "I need a minute. And some glucose tabs."

Aunt Sarah went into my bathroom and brought me my bottle of glucose tabs. I took four out and chewed on them.

"Are those any good?" She asked me.

"Try one," I said. "They're just pressed and flavoured sugar."

She looked at me skeptically while I chewed on the four in my mouth. But she took one, looked at it, sniffed it (what was she expecting?) and put it in her mouth.

"Wow! That's sweet!" She laughed. I smiled. Laughing would cause me to spew out the powder in my mouth.

I swallowed the, well, paste by the time I was done chewing it.

"I like the grape and tropical ones best.  I've tried green apple and they were kind of gross. The fruit punch is okay, too."

"How often do you take these?" She asked.

"Only when I go low and need to treat," I said. "Way better than the gels or liquid, but the liquid ones are good in an emergency. If I'm still conscious. That's why I have those little bottles in my book bag."

"Ah," Aunt Sarah said. "Well, good thing I'm not diabetic. I think I'd eat a whole bottle of those."

We both laughed.

"Okay," Aunt Sarah said. "Lunch. It's cold and rainy. I made tomato soup. How does grilled cheese sound?"

"Delicious," I smiled and followed her downstairs. While she made the sandwiches, I grabbed plates and bowls.

"Want to get your uncle from his studio?" She asked. I nodded and, grabbing an umbrella, because it was still pouring out - I went out to get Uncle B.

I knocked on the door and he called out he'd be just a sec. I waited. When he opened the door, a puff of smoke came with him. I smirked at him.

"Working hard?" I asked, sarcastically.

"Hardly working," he smirked back. "What's up?"

"Lunch is ready," I said.

"Oh. Cool. I'm starving," he said.

"I bet," I smirked at him.

"You're a brat. Did you know that?" He said, taking the umbrella and putting his arm around my shoulders as we headed back to the house, the umbrella covering us both.

"So you keep saying," I said to him, a sly smile on my face. He pulled me into a tighter hug and kissed the top of my head.

"Don't ever change," he said.

We left the umbrella outside and went into the kitchen to take soup and sandwiches. I bolused for my lunch and the three of us sat and ate, talking. We chatted about the new baby, Mom and Dad coming out to visit and the upcoming week. I had an appointment with Dr. Angela on Tuesday and a basketball practice Wednesday with a game on Friday. Even though I wasn't playing, I was helping coach and would have wanted to be at the game anyway.

After lunch, and because it was gross and raining, we decided to go to a movie, just to get out of the house. Uncle Brendon chose the movie and we headed out to the theatre. After the movie, which was a comedy, and pretty funny, we went out for dinner. By then the rain had stopped so we wandered around the area, had some ice cream and then headed home.

I fell into bed content, happy and relaxed. And excited.

A baby brother!