END IS THE START

Abhimanyu

It was afternoon and I was I'm my chamber when the attendee informed me about the arrival of Niharika.
I was happy as finally my childhood bestfriend was meeting me after 14 years.

This would be the first time meeting  after I and bhaisa went to gurukul.

We all were gathered in the royal court to welcome her and her family.

"Apka swagat hai Bhan Singh. Namaste bhabhisa. Aur tum kaisi ho Putri Niharika?"

(Welcome all of you. How are you dear Niharika?)

My parents greeted them followed by me and bhaisa.

"Ab jab Yuvraaj Abhimanyu se mil liya toh khush hi hogi. Haina putri Niharika?" My mother added and she blushed.....?

(How do you feel she would be after meeting Prince Abhimanyu)

This felt weird. Anyways, shrugging off the feeling we all welcomed her.

I was happy that Niharika had arrived after such a long time, at the same time I was also excited to share her about Manorama.

Finally there would be someone with whom I can share about my love.

With a happy smile I approached her chamber to meet her.

"Niharika, kaisi ho tum putri. Hum yaad toh haina?"  I entered with a teasing tone as she looked at me with a smile getting the hint of mischief.

(How are you, my child. Do you remember me yet?)

"Avashya Mitra, tumhe kaise bhul sakti hu mei? Hmmm." She said and ran to me for a hug.

(Ofcourse my dear friend. How can I forget you?)

Somehow hugging her felt weird. Not in way that I was already committed. No. We were friends and we used to hug, fight and do what not. But this just did not felt right.

I slightly pushed her away yet she did not mind it.

"You know soon there will be a good news for you." She said making me confused.

"A good news? For me? You know, hearing about good news from you Is actually making me feel scared." I spoke with a chuckle.

"Whatever,  but right now I need to tell you about something very important. " I spoke as she knitted her brows drawing all her attention to me as we sat on the bed on opposite sides.

"Well.. you know I have found my-- YU-YUVRAJ" as I was about to complete my sentence, the chambers room bursted open with a heavily breathing Manorama.

She had tears in her eyes and her clothes were dusty as her face had a few marks on it. The mark looked like a slap.

My body tensed up  and rage started to build in me looking at her in this state as I was about to run towards her, but Niharika held my hand.