2.

hunting grounds

hunting grounds

Soon after the long ride, Margaret noticed the lack of carriages and people in her surroundings; they must already be in the Outskirts of Dartmoor. She heard the fat nobleman shouting with excitement.

'We're close! We're close!' He squealed like a little boy, given candy.

Margaret braced herself for her next move; she let go of the metal bars. Her body landed hard on the dirt, this pain being more preferable than having that fat man stomping on her back. She stood up, sprinted towards the bushes, and followed up with the carriage. The carriage stopped in front of two big wooden doors, protected by guards.

The guards opened the doors once the fat man got off the carriage, and he was greeted by another man coming out. Soon they disappeared inside while laughing, and the doors closed.

She took out the map to the land; she had copied it from the original in the study room, and before arriving there, she had inspected the land. The only entrance was being guarded. There was a river in the east that led into the north; it was a close chance into the hunting area. Not taking any chances, she ran towards the east.

She found an old bridge connecting both lands. She took a step onto the bridge, then another, putting all her weight on the old piece of wood. She carried on walking slowly on the fragile steps of the wood, soon crossing the bridge safely and running into the forest.

Moments later, a group of certain men and a young boy were following behind the same steps as Margaret. A blond young man with peculiar crimson eyes took the initiative and walked onto the old bridge.

The bridge did not sustain its weight; the rope broke apart, and the bridge fell. The blond man jumped onto the other side safely, and he waved at the others, signaling to them that he was fine.

"Plans changed. We're going to divide and conquer!" He shouted. "I'll head for the largest fortress!" He brought his hood onto his head and, too, ran into the forest.

Margaret walked slowly and carefully after encountering three bear traps. She prepped her bow, ready for anything to come at her. The forest seemed awfully quiet, making Margaret's stomach queasy.

"For a hunting area, it sure is dead silent." She whispered to herself.

It made Margaret's mind wonder if her brother had gone through this. The fear of being caught and killed, or maybe being tortured to death. It made her heart ache at the thought of her little brother experiencing that instead of being in between his mother's arms, feeling her warm embrace.

Her eyes began to feel damp. "I will find him and I will bring him home." She wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "I'm stronger now from back than." She averred and fastened her pace towards the large fortress.

Behind Margaret, a bush's leaves rustled, and from them appeared the blond man. Seeing Margaret's figure, he walked towards her. He swiftly took his blade out of his crane and charged towards Margaret.

~

OMG William! I was so excited to write this chapter! Margaret and William will finally meet each other. What will their interaction be like?

PS; I was re-watching inside out while editing this chapter. It got to the scene of bingo jumping off from the wagon 😭 I can't stop crying.

Like and Comment!

Thank you for reading <3

See you all on the next chapter!