𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦 𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗔

AEI: Annnnd Gracie is published!!! This is the first thing I've written in first person so I'm a little bit scared to see how y'all take it, but it's actually super fun. Gracie is a super shy child so I wanted to convert her personality in a way that's not just through talking, because if it was just through talking, you wouldn't see very much of her. 

The way Gracie narrates is a little hectic, much like me, but she gets a little easier to follow when there are actual events happening -- not just a stream of every thought in her head. 

Anyway! Hope you love her as much as I do and please proceed :)

When I was four, somebody gave me a book on my dad.

I thought it was really cool at the time. None of the other kids I knew had books about their dads, even if I didn't really know that many other kids. Only Clint's son and the ones who used to play on the basketball courts by Nat's old apartment, but I knew that they didn't have cool books. Mine was special, even if you could buy it in Barnes and Noble for $20.25.

My dad was special too. Everybody used to tell me that, like I didn't already know or something. I guess it was exciting the first time, but I kind of got sick of hearing it after a while.

I just really liked the book.

It was big enough to cover my whole lap and it had shiny pages with big pictures on them; some of them with colour and some of them just black and white. They all had little bits of writing underneath, saying what the pictures were of and when they were taken, and then all these quotes from people who were there at the time. The people must've been real old, and I didn't know any of them, but I could always remember exactly what they said.

On the front, the book had big, black letters, and it said; CAPTAIN AMERICA: A HISTORY. It was the first ever thing I learnt how to read. Then, there was an introduction on the front page. It took me longer to be able to read that.

That was where they actually talked about my dad, not just him as Captain America. Biography and everything. I used to stare at the first line all the time, just learning it over and over and thinking about my dad. Steve Rogers. That was what everybody called him when he was alive, but the book used his full name.

First name, middle name, last name. Three of them, just like me. Just like most people, actually, says Nat, but I liked pretending it was different because it made me and my dad feel more similar. Like we were tied together or something.

My dad is Steven Grant Rogers, and I'm Gracie Sarah Rogers. In my head, we're matching, because he's S.G.R. and I'm G.S.R. Only two letters switched around.

I wish he picked my name. That would be even better than us matching. I guess I like what I have just fine, because Mr Coulson picked it, and he's my favourite of the top SHIELD agents, but still. I wish my dad had got to choose.

My names all have meanings, says Mr Coulson. He explained it all to me when I was little.

I'm Gracie because of Graceland, which is where Elvis Presley used to live, and he was playing on the radio when I was born. He was a big rockstar, and I don't really like him all that much, but his house was pretty.

Then it's Sarah, because that was my dad's mom's name. I like Mr Coulson extra for picking that because I think my dad might've picked it too. After that, it's just Rogers. Rogers is the best bit. It's my dad's name, and it was his dad's name, and then all the dads that came before that. I like dads. It might be because I don't have one.

I don't have a mom, either. Not a proper one, at least, because SHIELD grew me in this weird box thing, like a greenhouse with fruit in it. They had to use eggs to make me, not the sort of from chickens, though, and they came from somebody who didn't want to tell them her name. Nat says it's called an 'anonymous donor.' She knows a whole lot about having kids.