"Well I don't want you here." Hakuchō says, sitting up quickly and turning her head to scowl at you. "Get. Out."

"Nicely." Zero warns her, but he's still smiling ever so slightly.

You're confused by the hostility you're being met with. You don't really understand why she's ignoring you, and why she's so angry with you when she does interact with you, and so you look at her, frowning a little.

"What did I do?" You ask. "Why are you mad at me? I'm just trying to be friends with you."

"Well I don't want to be friends with you!" She snaps, throwing her hands in the air exasperatedly, which makes Zero's smile drop instantly. "You're annoying! You're just a dumb kid that follows everyone around like a lost puppy! It's pathetic."

Your shoulders sag slowly as her words hit you just as hard as they used to whenever your moms boyfriends used to spew them at you. Zero raises to his feet, holding his arm out as if it could physically defend you from her words.

"Stop that." He tells her firmly. "Star, go and draw in your room, okay?"

You take a deep breath, trying to hold the tears in, and turn around, fleeing to your bedroom. You close the door behind you, and flop onto the bed, curling up with teddy, rubbing the furless star on its chest as you try to swallow back the tears and unfavorable memories that were rearing their ugly heads.

You knew that everyone else seemed to enjoy your company, no-one had called you annoying, or made you feel like you were nothing but a burden, or that you're dumb since mom had died, but Hakuchō's words have you doubting how genuine that all was, and makes you wonder if you really were just annoying everyone by following them around.

You have a little cry to yourself alone in your room, despite trying to be tough about it, and remain curled up on your bed for what feels like forever with no-one around to keep you company, but it was probably realistically more like an hour.
Once you've collected yourself enough, you decide to go and see if Dabi was okay, and make sure he hadn't died in his sleep like mom had, just in case. You take your giant ducky with you, thankful that Hakuchō still appeared to be in her room if Zero's pale hair in the slit of the ajar door was anything to go by, because no doubt she'd probably find that dumb, too.

You just wanted a little extra comfort, that's all.

You open the door to Dabi and Tomura's room slowly, peering in and seeing Dabi splayed out on the bed, taking a nap. You close the door quietly behind you, and pad quietly over to the bed, climbing on and nudging his shoulder gently to try to get him to move enough to let you on, too.

"Mmf." He grunts, burying his face deeper into the pillow.

"I wanna lay with you." You whisper, hoping he's awake enough to hear you.

"C'mere." Dabi yawns, turning over and flopping his arm out, above your head.

You move closer to him, laying your head on his arm and laying with your back to his side, cuddling your giant teddy in the fetal position, soaking in the warmth of Dabi as he snores softly beside you.
This helps a little. Mom never used to let you do this with her, so he definitely had to love you, and not think you were just a dumb, annoying kid.

*•*

You wake up to gentle fingers moving your hair out of your face, the strands tickling you enough to wake you up. Your brows furrow as you wake, opening your eyes to the sight of ruby eyes amongst scarred skin.
Your heartbeat slows as you realise that it's just Tomura, and that the nightmare that'd begun to form hazily at the feel of being touched in your sleep was just that, a nightmare.