Chapter Two - Rooftop Games

Start from the beginning

"No, the girl Chris mentioned wasn't Becca. It was someone from back home."

"Huh. Now I'm curious... I need to know if Chris is single, for my sake! The truth is... I'm interested in Chris."

"I'm pretty sure I know how to get him to spill his guts."

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh yeah. Watch and learn, my young apprentice."

"Aren't we pretty much the same age?"

"Details, details. If we play our cards right, you'll get to ask Chris anything you want." Back on the rooftop, she opened the bottle of wine and started pouring it into glasses. She leaned over and whispered to me. "This is step one."

"Okay..."

She handed Chris a glass of wine. "Heh. I'm more of a beer guy, but thanks," Chris said.

"Want a drink, Emily?" she asked.

"Wine? I'm in!" I exclaimed.

"A woman after my own heart!"

Tyler and Zack passed out the glasses, and we all clinked ours together. "To an unforgettable freshman year. Cheers, everyone," Chris said.

"I'll drink to that!" Zack exclaimed.

"So... what now?" Abbie asked.

"I'm glad you asked, Abbie... I think it's time for us to play some Truth or Truth," my other girl roommate said.

"What's that?"

"It's Truth or Dare... except you have to pick truth."

"No dares? So no one's running naked through the quad?" Zack asked.

"All in good time. We've got a whole year together, after all."

"Fair point. Since it was your suggestion, why don't you answer the first 'truth,' Kaitlyn?"

"Oh, why don't we start with someone else? Like... Chris, for example?"

"Nice try! Go ahead, Emily. Ask her something!"

"Okay, Kaitlyn. Tell us about your first kiss!" I exclaimed.

"Ugh, you just had to go there, didn't you?" Kaitlyn asked.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"No, no. Rules are rules. My first kiss was in middle school with this guy named Aaron. We were at a party, and we were all playing Seven Minutes in Heaven. And Aaron had just eaten a jalapeno on a dare."

"Hot," Abbie said.

"Yeah. Really hot. When I came out of the closet, I was blushing, and everyone thought I liked him, but it was just the stupid pepper! I haven't gone near guys or jalapenos since."

"That's too bad... cause jalapenos are bomb," Tyler said.

"I'll take your word for it. Who's next?"

Soon, it was Zack's turn to ask a question. He put on an exaggerated thinking face and scratched his chin. "Hmmmm, what to ask, what to ask..." Zack said. "Got it! I want someone to tell me their ultimate fancy! Sorry, ultimate fantasy... this is some strong wine!"

"Or you're a total lightweight."

"Says the girl who's gone from sitting on the couch to lying on the ground after two glasses..." Chris said.

"What? It's comfortable..."

"So, Zack, whose 'ultimate fancy' did you want to hear about?" I asked.