mad sounds

"mad sounds in your ears
they make you feel alright
they bring you back to life

mad sounds in your ears
they make you get up and dance
they make you get up"

5 february 2012 • 8am • roxanne's house

okay so for a few days i kinda forgot i invited alex over. I INVITED HIM OVER?
it was clear he was either drunk or had a huge adrenaline rush, because he never seemed like that when i was around him.
says me, i have only seen him like twice.

so the next few days after that phone call i pushed it to the back of my mind, as i was kind of busy with work, and i was planning a trip to manchester to revisit some of my old favourite places with my best friend, Rhea.

but now it was next weekend, and we had arranged for him to be here at 1pm, it was now 8am.

i needed to shower first, and then get ready. i'd warn very similar outfits the first two times i'd seen him, so i needed to think of something new.

okay, i decided:
dark blue flare jeans
purple tank top with lace lining the top parts
some boots similar to my long ones but without the whole leg thing
and some necklaces / bracelets

that seemed pretty good. it was alright for a day inside, but it wasn't completely lazy.
i needed to get some shopping later as well so i didn't wanna be in pyjamas or something.

i laid the outfit on my bed and got in the shower.

5 february 2012 • roxanne's house • 12pm

alex was going to be here in an hour, i needed to eat something quick so i wasn't starving while he was showing me his work.

i made a sandwich and walked over to my living room.

i had also nipped to the HMV i work at a few days ago and found a couple of alex's albums. i had heard bits and pieces over the years but i didn't really know much.
i pulled up the bands wikipedia while i ate and listened to their most recent album 'suck it and see'. they were really good, it was completely different to what i had heard, but in the best way possible. i wonder if the song alex is showing me today is any similar?

30 minutes later, i learned that alex had only recently broken up with alexa chung?! i saw her as a fashion icon. i'm not so sure now, as i don't have the full story.
maybe that's why he looked so sorry for himself that day we met in the pub.

and then i realised i was only half ready, i still needed to do my hair and makeup.
i shut the laptop and ran to my bedroom.
i straightened my hair, it reaching my lower back.
i went to my desk where my makeup and mirror was and picked up eyeliner and a burgundy lipstick.
i filled my waterline with the eyeliner and then applied the lipstick, that seemed good enough. i wasn't going out out so i didn't want a full glam look.

it was now only 10 minutes until alex got here, and my house was a mess.

i picked random things off the floor and moved them to where alex would not see, so he didn't think i was messy, even though i was.
after id done all that, in perfect timing, i heard the low grumble of a motorcycle outside. please tell me that wasn't alex.

it was.

i watched him through the blinds on the window as he walked up to my front door, before knocking quite harshly.

i opened the door.
"hey! come in.." i said.
"thanks!" he replied.

we sat down on the sofa and talked for a while, what i had been doing, what he had been doing, etc.
"so i heard you've written a new song?" i asked, knowing the answer.
"yes, we think it could be a single!" he said, he seemed really happy about it too.
he pulled out his phone and placed it on the small coffee table in front of us.
"just so you know, we haven't taken this to the studio yet, so this is a rough version. it'll sound much better in a few weeks time." he spoke matter of factly.
"that's okay! i'm excited to hear it." i replied.