chapter 11 - This Is What The Future Should Bring

Start from the beginning

Gojo was still reeling from the fact Sukuna didn't destroy those villages, this additional information made his brain crash for a moment. Sukuna's words echoed in his head. Then it finally clicked. Gojo's eyes lit up so much it was practically sparkling, "You have stopped killing for me?"

Sukuna cupped Gojo's face with his hands, "Yes. For you."

Gojo immediately pulled Sukuna into a tight hug. Sukuna wrapped his arms around Gojo and squeezed back. Gojo wasn't talking, but Sukuna could feel how happy he was. Gojo's curse energy was buzzing around him as if it was singing. Sukuna brushed his own curse energy against the light blue hue around Gojo. The blue glowed brighter.

Sukuna smiled softly. The fool was so happy over this simple fact. If Sukuna had known Gojo would be like this, Sukuna would've told him sooner. Sukuna stroked Gojo's back as Gojo nuzzled his cheek against him.

As they stayed like this, Sukuna thought about the situation that hadn't been addressed yet. Sukuna was still confused about his sudden capture. Sukuna had his suspicions. Gojo seemed to be feeling a lot better than when Sukuna was just out of Everlasting . Sukuna decided to cuddle with Gojo some more before bringing up his question.

---

When Gojo seemed calm enough, Sukuna asked, "Were those villages the reason the Gojo Clan hunted me down?"

Gojo let go and leaned back with a serious look. Gojo understood they should talk about this. He replied, "Yes." Technically, Haruto had seeked to hunt Sukuna down. But as the Head of the Gojo Clan, Haruto's wishes represented the whole clan.

Gojo asked, "How did you get caught? What happened?" Gojo was still concerned about the fact that Sukuna got caught. Maybe something more had happened and injured Sukuna? Whatever that could've been, Gojo knew Sukuna had recovered with reverse curse technique. Sukuna also looked fine when Gojo saw him in Everlasting . Gojo didn't think anything could hurt Sukuna that much, but Gojo had also never thought Sukuna could get caught. Gojo wasn't taking any chances. Gojo's firm belief of Sukuna being invincible had shaken. Gojo needed Sukuna's point of view.

Gojo had learned about what happened briefly from Haruto. He wanted to hear from Sukuna as well. Gojo knew his uncle liked omitting details he deemed 'unimportant', though Haruto mostly did that around the elders.

Sukuna told Gojo a summary of what happened. Sukuna didn't take the time to look during the fight. He had just kept slashing. So there was not much to say, even though the fight had lasted quite long, a lot longer than Sukuna intended. He mostly complained about how tedious that fight had been. Sukuna told him about the horde of grade 1 sorcerers and later the couple of special grades.

Sukuna described the brutality of the situation so casually. It was Sukuna they were trying to kill. Gojo didn't expect anything less. Instead of a fight, it was more like a one-sided slaughter. Gojo spared a second of remorse for those poor souls.

However, something was off about the fight. Haruto had said those sorcerers were family members or friends of victims of those destroyed villages. Are there really that many grade 1 sorcerers who knew the victims? Sukuna said there were hundreds. Grade 1 sorcerers were not uncommon but sorcerers mostly weren't close with non-sorcerers. Even if some villages were born from a sorcerer clan, those people were likely casted out for not having much curse energy or having weak curse techniques. It was strange that those sorcerers were so set on killing Sukuna for revenge.

Haruto had also said he had strengthened the sorcerers' will and reduced their fear. But from what Sukuna described, it seemed far more extreme than that. The only thing those grade 1 sorcerers had done was attacking blindly. There were no strategies and no communication. It was almost like borderline mind control.