"Yes, we can. We won't stay long." Maya says gently with a smile.

"Thank you." Carina says and turns to search for a proper dress for the ball.

Maya notices a piece of clothing in the corner, wrapped in a dust cover. She unzips it and her eyes lighten up. "It's your wedding outfit."

Carina glances at it and shakes her head, "That one is tailored. There's no way I can fit my 18-week pregnant belly into it now."

Maya zips it up with a little pout, "I love that outfit. It looks amazing on you."

The frustrated Italian sighs and gets impatiently, "I'm just put on one of my work outfit and a coat. We'll leave soon. No need to put on a formal evening gown." she says and starts changing.

"Seeing that wedding outfit of yours brought back a lot of memories." Maya whispers while watching Carina putting on clothes.

"I remember how excited and nervous I was. I forgot to write vows and you found it amusing cause I planned almost everything on the clipboards." Maya lets out a soft chuckle, "I was panic that I only said my love for you and I choose you forever."

Carina puts on her coat and says nonchalantly, "But then you chose the captaincy over me."

"What?!" Maya exclaims innocently, "I didn't."

"You told me that you just want your job back when I was at the hospital. You threaten chief Ross to get your captaincy back." Carina says and slides her phone into the pocket and puts on the heels. "Come on. We're late already."

Maya is speechless cause Carina is not wrong. She did blackmail Ross.

But I'm not not choosing Carina. I'm been taking care of her after accident.

Yeah...I did avoid her after that night at the rooftop, but that was because she kept pushing me. That's not not choosing her.

The couple stayed silent on the way to the ball, having a lot of thought in their own minds.

When they arrived at the ball, they witnessed Vic telling everyone that Andy's the new captain and Ruiz walks away in frustration.

Shit...the new captain has been announced.

Carina can't help but worry about Maya. She holds Maya's hands and whispers softly, "Are you OK?"

Maya doesn't say anything but takes a deep breath in and out.

Carina knows that Maya doesn't want to make a scene at the ball. However, she can feels the disappointment, sadness, anger, and frustration radiate from the blonde.

"Come on. Let's get a drink first." Carina says and lightly pulls Maya to the bar outside.

"Do you want to talk about it?" the Italian whispers after coming back to the table with two glass of water.

"To talk about how disappointed I am?"

The blonde lets out a huff and says disdainfully, "Chief Ross must be holding a grudge against me, so she chose Andy over me. My performance isn't worse than Andy's."

Carina strokes the blonde's back to comfort her. "Chief Ross not choosing you doesn't mean that your dedication and hard work go unnoticed. I saw it, your team saw it, and the people you saved from the scene definitely saw it."

"You still get to do what you love. You get to help people, save cute puppies, carry people out from a burning building." Carina wraps her arms around the blonde's shoulders as she speaking, leaning against on it. "You're a hero, and you don't need to be a captain to be a hero."