The Fate of the Potter's

Start from the beginning

Kallista and James paused at the nickname and looked at each other. Did they reconcile in the future?

'Me too, I know she is able to take care of herself but- No you know what nup.'

James looked at Carina confused at her sudden outburst.

In the hall Kally looked at Carina betrayed while the other gave her a pointed look and they must have been communicating through expressions because their faces started twitching and finally Kally gasped and cried out a 'Rina!!' while the blonde just rolled her eyes and turned away like nothing happened. Unknowingly, a small smile danced on both Lucius and James' lips which Regulus took notice of and glared at the blonde boy.

'I always tell her to stay away from things that may cause problems and she knows that I am always right but noooo she suddenly turns deaf when it comes to me being right and then later on comes crying to me and expects me to fix it for her.'

'Classic Kallista.' James clicked his tongue.

As he went to take a sip of his coffee he saw the wards being infiltrated. Carina sensing the same thing picked up her children and clutched them close to her chest.

'It's probably just Sirius, right?' she questioned her husband, 'Right James? Jamie it's Sirius right?' she asked the messy-haired boy desperately.

James from the window saw bright red eyes glaring at him. His reflexes clicked in and he jumped back dragging Carina towards the staircase.

Everyone in the great Hall was at the edge of their seats, unknowingly Carina clutched onto James while Kally clutched the blonde and Sirius clutched the messy-haired boy too.

Euphemia looked anxiously at the screen praying for her son and his wife to be safe but couldn't help looking at the four clutching each other and worrying for Lucius' sanity.

That's when it dawned on both Carina and James their children didn't cry because things were bad between the two and they were divorced or something they cried because they had no memory of them being together or even alive.

James grasped Carina's face, memorizing every little detail about her knowing it'd be the last time he'll see the woman who taught him what love is. He couldn't help but feel guilty about having dragged someone who could barely be considered an adult into their family mess.

Knowing that the girl would yell at him and defy him, he didn't give her a chance to say anything and pressed his lips onto hers and whispered softly, 'i love you so bloody much Carina Potter thank you for giving me my bambi and prongslet, please keep them and my baby sister safe.'

Not a single eye was left dry in the great hall. Some were crying because the people on the screen were their loved ones, some were crying because of pity while some were crying about how young the couple were.

Without saying anything Carina ran upstairs with the two children. James turned to the tall black-haired man standing in front of him. Realization dawned on him that he didn't have his wand on him and knew he had to do something to try to stall the dark wizard so Carina could either get out or get the children to safety.

'You know if you weren't a pedophile and didn't kill her family at every turn my sister might actually go for you rather than a blonde peacock.'

Silence. Absolute silence. One by one all the occupants of the Great Hall turned to James and gave him a look asking him if he was an absolute idiot with their eyes. James, seeing the glances, shrugged his shoulders, 'Pretty epic last words if you ask me.'

Kathy reached over Carina and smacked her brother on his head. Once again, everyone turned, one-by-one, back to the screen.

The taller man sneered at him and a green light emerged from his wand and struck him right in between his chest. The young boy who had so much to live for fell back, his eyes wide and glasses askew. A rush of memories flashed before his eyes his children, his wife, his three brothers, his niece and nephew, his sister and so many more important people. He could only hope that his wife had escaped with their children.