Chapters 1-3

Chapter 1

"Sprigpaw! Tansypaw! Shimmerpaw! Come on, we're going on a patrol!" Lionfire shouted. Tansypaw blinked away his drowsiness. Green-leaf had started, which meant hotter days and long naps. Being an apprentice was stressful, especially a medicine apprentice. He had been one for three moons, but medicine cats don't go on patrols.
"Uh, Lionfire, I-"
"Petalwing wants you to get juniper berries, but she's busy with changing Frostflake's wraps." He meowed bluntly "And it wouldn't hurt to get out, would it?"
"Oh, Lionfire! I was just about to take Mosspaw and her sister for a hunt, can we join you?" Leaftuft, the young, green eyed deputy mewed.
Mosspaw's sister was Jewelpaw, who was already building up popularity in the clans. Her mentor was the deputy and she was so fierce that Leaftuft says she should be made a warrior already. Mosspaw, however, was her opposite. She was like her father. Quiet, calm, emotionless. Falconfeather was her mentor. He had broken a leg on a patrol. She was now mentored by Leaftuft as well.
"Alright, when Elkleap gets here, we'll go." Lionfire sighed. Elkleap was the sister of Leaftuft. They were closer than anything as apprentices, or at least that's what Frostflake, Tansypaw's mentor, had told him. When Leaftuft became deputy, they broke apart.
Elkleap was always focused on proving herself. She went on every border patrol, every hunt patrol, and would stay up all night reinforcing the dens. She was rewarded with an apprentice, Sprigpaw, who had fled from RiverClan with Creekkit. Coldair said they were sent from StarClan, but Petalwing said not to believe anything Coldair said. He was the son of Hailspiral, the cat who tormented ShadowClan for many seasons and took the lives of two leaders.
But Tansypaw hadn't been alive in that time.
"Yeah yeah I'm here. 'Was busy checking the bedding for thorns"
"Like an apprentice?" Lionfire laughed
"How dare you! Spirestar trusted me with the StarClan-sent apprentice!"
"I don't see anything special about her." the senior warrior rolled his eyes. Elkleap snarled.
Leaftuft intervened "We're going on a patrol with the apprentices. We can argue later"
"Yes, that's an order from your deputy!" Lionfire backed Leaftuft up. Elkleap hissed and flattened her ears.
Over the moons after Lionfire got an apprentice, he and his sister had been like family again. Everything was going so well in ShadowClan. To think only four moons ago they had been leaderless and afraid that ShadowClan would fall. Tansypaw's sister, Shimmerpaw brushed against him as they exited camp.
"Sorry" Shimmerpaw was embarrassed.
"It's fine. How's warrior training?"
"Oh, it's so fun! Sprigpaw is so smart, but she stalks like a ShadowClan cat!"
"She is a ShadowClan cat" Tansypaw corrected. Shimmerpaw's purring stopped "Well how's being a medicine apprentice?"
"Really hard"
"But you have such a strong connection with StarClan!"
"It's the herbs and the memorizing. I can memorize all the herbs with flowers but everything else is a blur"
"It's been three moons. You have plenty of time to learn"
Jewelpaw, the older apprentice, walked behind them "I doubt Frostflake will hold you down like Petalwing did to him"
Jewelpaw was everything a warrior should be. Strong, kind, brave, and a cat who followed the warrior code before her own judgment. Her teal eyes were so unique. Shimmerpaw expressed her fear of Jewelpaw and her sister because they're related to Coldair. He hasn't done anything to scare her. It's not like he works for the Dark Forest.

Chapter 2

"Jaystar! Icefall had her kits!" Rainscent called into the leader den. Jaystar was sleeping on pale blue feathers.
He blinked his eyes "Too…bright" he squinted.
The hot sun of Green-leaf seemed to put the older cats in a coma. I didn't know what the sun looked like until I came back from the Dark Forest.
When Rainscent had been an apprentice, the ShadowClan medicine cat called Frostflake had brought her to the place where evil cats went when they died, the Dark Forest. She made a deal with a she-cat named Spiderclaw, which ended the battle. Rainscent assumed StarClan had rewarded her with sight for fighting so bravely, but she still looked blind. Everyone thought she was still as blind as a bat, so she didn't say anything. What would she say? Oh I helped another clan's medicine cat in the Dark Forest and now I can see? I'd sound like I've got fish guts for brains!
"Jaystar, you must see them, she wants you to name one of them."
Jaystar sighed and stood up. He shook the feathers that stuck to is gray-blue fur off of him "Alright"