Chapter 11: Frozen

Start from the beginning

“Where is he?” I heard a very strong confident angry voice say.

“Inside sir…” A man responded.

“Let me go see what’s going on…” Dom said and then I watched him walk towards the living room.

I sat there as I replayed what happened over and over again in my head.

I wanted to cry as I remembered the way Aiden looked, unable to stand or open his eyes…

I felt hundreds of emotions running through my heart and my head and I couldn’t understand any of them. I was angry, upset, scared, and so much more.

“Well thank you Doctor Peterman I know we can always count on you.” I heard Mr. Marino say just as Dom walked into the kitchen.

“He has a minor concussion and a few bruised ribs but he’ll be okay.” He said looking at me sympathetically.

“Dominick.” Mr. Marino called.

“Come on babe, let’s go introduce you to daddy.” He said with sarcasm as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the foyer of his house.

“Hello dad.” Dom said.

“Who is this pretty young lady?” Mr. Marino said with a lighter voice that I haven’t heard him use before.

“This is my friend Hailie,” he said.

“Hi Mr. Marino its nice to meet you.” I said with a smile.

“The pleasure is all mine. I assume you know Aiden; he’s been calling your name. The doctor said he isn’t supposed to go to bed because of the minor concussion, I feel he would be more comfortable with you keeping him up instead of my annoying lackeys.” He said with a smile.

I looked over at Dom who had a slight smile on his face that I knew was false as he nodded his head.

“Sure.” I said.

When I walked inside the dimly lighted living room my heart began to race.

I wasn’t sure what I expected to see. I knew Aiden wasn’t going to be welcoming me with open arms, but I didn’t want him to be angry.

“Aiden?” I called out as I reached the large sofa that wrapped around the whole room. The large flat screen TV was on but it was muted and the light lit up Aiden bruised face.

“Hailie.” He said as he stared at the T.V.

“What’re you doing here? Except for making out with Dom…” he said with anger.

“I heard you were calling me…” I said as I stood by the couch waiting for Aiden to at least look at me.

“You heard wrong” he said now with hurt.

I stood there for a few moments without saying a word and I swallowed my fear and I did what I had to do. I walked over to where Aiden was laying down on the couch and kneeled down on the floor by his head blocking the T.V.

I slowly picked up my hand and gently caressed Aiden's face as I held back tears. I expected him to jerk away or push me away but he did neither, he just looked into my eyes with so many unidentifiable emotions.

“You can’t sleep…” I said.

“I know,” he answered.

“So is Dom mystery boy?” he asked, and I nodded my head.

He let out a deep breath.

“How’d you meet?” He asked plainly.

“At a club..” I lied, as Aiden looked at me in shock.