A Subdued Ceremony: Carlos

"Link and Carlos are chosen to be the appointed knights to Zelda, princess of the royal family of Hyrule. Zelda does her best to facilitate the fabled "ceremony of legend," as suggested by Daruk, but her own insecurities are laid bare..."

(THIS FANFIC MIGHT BE CRINGE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

As the princess progressed with the goddess's blessing and long speech, the Champions simply watched from afar to designate the appointed knights with all the ceremonial pomp and grandeur they could muster. One of the knights had the obvious sword that seals the darkness, Master Link. The other was wearing a black hat, this was Carlos. Both somehow sharing the same responsibility from now on but for different reasons. One is under fate by the Goddess Hylia, while the other was sheer luck... or was it taking it on for honor?

"If you ask me the whole things does seem to be overkill... it's quite surprising that the one in the hat has shown such competence. Either way, I think I'm on the same page as the princess regarding these boys" The Rito Champion - Revali - said with a hint of disdain in his voice. Carlos could feel the slight anger building up inside of him as he knelt on the ground, no longer paying mind to the princess's words but to what the so called "Rito Champion" had to say. His eyes then turned to Link to see if he was going to do anything.

Silence...

Surely not... surely he wasn't going to share a job with a person who couldn't stand up for himself, even with a darkness sealing sword.

"Oh give it a rest" the Gerudo Champion Urbosa said in disbelief. "At least someone does have a sense of maturity in this team" Carlos thought. Perhaps maybe being a team where at least one person who doesn't think badly of him or Link wouldn't make this such a -

"Those boys are a living reminder of her own failures... well at least that's how the princess sees them" The Gerudo Champion added.

....

"Wow... just wow." Carlos thought in disbelief.

As the ceremony had concluded, Carlos looked at Master Link, then the princess, and had one thing to say. He probably would have the similar pain of trying to get on with these two as to having to take down the actual Calamity itself.