thirty: the house that survived

"That's the story of greatness, little Alix." said the old fisherman. 

"That makes no sense, and I'm not little, Mr." Alix argued, a girl of one and ten, "They all lived happily ever after?" she pestered.

The old man with frail hands chuckled at the girl before turning his back, "No, but the house did not fall."

"Why did they argue anyways? Seems foolish to me. They were the same blood." She huffed, sliding off her stool and handing the man another fish. 

"The Targaryen dynasty could have easily fallen, had it not been for her Majesty, Queen Naerys Valaeryon's marriage to Aemond Targaryen. She even pardoned the blacks for their treachery. Had she been cruel, she could have easily executed them."

"Yes but why fight at all?" Her nose scrunched at the foul smell radiating from the sour bucket of fish.

"Man was made to fight dear, the house of the dragon is the strongest it's ever been, and King Viserys, son of Naerys, has proven to be an excellent ruler, with Prince Jahaerys a fine hand. This kingdom shall be forever."

"I should hope I never end up as royalty, seems ever so tedious." 

The old fisherman chuckled to himself, shaking his head, the little girl had no idea of her parentage. A bastard child of Prince Aegon, identity forever safe as she had been whelped on a dark skinned, dark haired servant girl. The only hint of his highness being the violet eyes. 

"It's getting late my dear, run along, I'm sure your mother's worrying." 

She protested, but wiped her hands nonetheless before wrapping her arms around the man, "You'll tell me more tomorrow, yes?" Big violet eyes peering up at him.

"You and your curiosity." He sighed and ushered her out of the door.

and so,

what could have been the end of a powerful reign, turned into a truce and blossomed into love, which then turned into loyalty and those who fought against each other rekindled.

The House of The Dragon, survived for thousands of years, and the tale of Naerys Valaeryon and Aemond Targaryen was sung for centuries. 

Their direct descendants' rule to this day, forever prosperous. 

THE END