chapter 3. Hyrule warriors

I had awoken, still drained from the night before, but quickly shook off these feelings to make way for the mental preparation needed for the battle that daya.

I sat on my messy bed slouching as my eyes were blinded by the morning rays - that were unfortunately undisturbed by my thin flowing curtains. I tried to erase the tiredness and adjust my eyes by wiping away the crusted fatigue-filled residue and holding open my eyes.

After about 3 minutes of struggling to do so, I knew I had to get ready for the day as to not upset the king with my possibly perceived uneagerness. I changed in to my armour that was specially designed for my high status in the Hyrulian military. Although all that really changed was the colour of helmet and some small yet intricately detailed engraving. 

Post fastening the last armour strap onto my body, I went down to the dinning hall for breakfast.

While eating some porridge, a friendly face came up to me dressed in a captain's uniform. I recognised him as the other captain from the kings meeting. "I don't believe we've had a chance to formally meet yet. I'm captain Rubeo." He held out his hand for me to shake with a strong yet seemingly innocent smile on his face. I shook his hand somewhat confused as to what his intentions were.

"Forgive me for asking but what is the purpose of this conversation." I tried my best to not come off as rude, but I knew it would seem that way.

"Well I was wondering if what the king said was true.-- about the calamity." He replied in a slightly awkward voice while also scratching his head. I sigh slightly annoyed at the question.

"We don't know for certain if whats happening is what the prophecy for told, but the signs are there meaning we must be ready for anything." 

"I see. I was just wondering because there has been talk of the moon tinting red and-"

"Those rumours are being looked into by the Hyrulian research committee. But as of now there is nothing to worry about." My face softened slightly, "if you have concerns please report to the king."

"Of course Earl Marshall." Captain Rubeo walks away his soft smile replaced by the respective resting face most others wore.

I felt slightly guilty for how my professional behaviour came off but reassure myself he wasn't there for me.

I finish my porridge with a smaller appetite then before.

I still had an hour or so before the kings speech, meaning I had time to find Impa ask about the evacuation.

One of the maids had said she went to see the princess in her chambers. With that knowledge I came there, hearing happy chatter from both of them. Feeling slightly awkward, I knocked on the door. Princess Zelda opens it. She's dressed in her royal gown most likely ready for the speech. "Sorry to intrude princess, but I was wondering if I could speak with Impa."

"O-of course Earl Marshall," she turns away briefly ," once your done could you accompany me to the town gate. There is something I would like to speak with you about." 

"If you wish princess."

Impa leaves the room slightly confused.

"What is it you need?"

"Have the villages in hyrule field been evacuated yet as the battle should start soon?"

"Yes they've all been moved inside castle town for the time being."

"That's good thank you Impa."

"No problem. I should get going to the speech. See you later."

"See you."