"You sounded terrified, practically out of breath. I assumed something was wrong," Yeonjun offered as an explanation. Taehyung sighed again.

"Just some pent-up energy from pacing in my room," he admitted,doesn't spills the truth. "Anyway, the real reason I called is that I want leave for a meeting with one of my old pal. I figure the guards won't let me leave on my own, so..." Taehyung trailed off as he rose from the couch, his words met with wide eyes from the bewildered couple.

Taehyung's shout sent shivers down Yeonjun and Soobin's spines. "What's going on? Why the silence?" he demanded, his voice laced with frustration.

Yeonjun approached him calmly, attempting to soothe his frayed nerves. "Look, Taehyungie hyung, Jeongguk hyung made it clear to everyone – guards and even your manager, that is, me – that you're not to leave with anyone but him. If you want to go out, you need to call him. And frankly, I agree with him. Who is this old friend you're talking about? I don't recognize the name." Yeonjun's tone held a hint of sarcasm despite his patient demeanor.

Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut, overwhelmed with frustration. "He's from my hometown. Let's save the questions for later. This is urgent, Yeonjun. I have to leave." He glanced at his watch, anxiety etching lines on his face. It was already 5:30 PM.

Soobin chimed in, concern evident in his voice. "Hyung, that's not possible. Jeongguk hyung would be furious if anything happened to you while you're out on your own."

Taehyung remained determined. "Soobin, I need to be there by six, and I'm already late. Please, just understand. It's a personal matter I can't discuss, but I beg you, help me without questions." His voice cracked with emotion, and both Yeonjun and Soobin's hearts ached to see him like this.

Seeing Taehyung's vulnerability, Soobin finally relented. "Okay, I'll try to arrange something. We'll drop you off, and Wonho will go with you wherever you're headed. We promise to keep this under wraps – Jeongguk hyung won't find out. But Taehyung hyung," Soobin's voice turned serious, "remember, Yugyeom was here last night. We can't risk your safety."

Taehyung, desperate to reach his destination, readily agreed to Soobin's terms. He wasn't paying attention to the mention of Yugyeom at this point. All he cared about was getting to that 6 PM meeting.

Taehyung could only manage a single, strained "okay." Curiosity gnawed at Yeonjun. He'd seen Taehyung like this before – overwhelmed and tight-lipped about his past. While Yeonjun knew manager Seejin was privy to most details, Taehyung never confided in him. He felt a pang of hurt that despite knowing everything else about Taehyung, his past remained a closed door.

Soobin darted out to negotiate with the guards, leaving Yeonjun beside Taehyung. He tried to decipher his friend's expression, but Taehyung's face was a mask of agitation. Soobin returned shortly, followed by Wonho.

"The guards were incredibly stubborn," Soobin explained. "Thanks to Wonho, though, they finally budged." Wonho stood protectively behind Taehyung.

" Taehyung Sir," Wonho began, his voice firm. "I understand the risks involved, but I promise to do whatever it takes to keep you safe. You're my boss, and your wish is my command." Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes. He nodded deeply, mouthing a silent "thank you" in gratitude.

Without further delay, the four exited the house. A momentary pause at the doorway betrayed Taehyung's internal conflict. Though he was defying Jeongguk's wishes, he resolved to confess everything once he returned from this mysterious meeting. A pang of longing for Jeongguk's presence shot through him, but the situation didn't permit his company. With a heavy heart, Taehyung continued his steps and climbed into the passenger seat next to Yeonjun. Soobin took the wheel, and Wonho hopped into the remaining passenger seat.