As he did not wish to worry him, he could not tell him that he often suffered from insomnia. He slept very little and even when he was thoroughly exhausted, he had difficulty in sleeping.

The only way he rested was by thinking of hin repeatedly, and missing him. He always did so until his body gave into the exhaustion and allowed him to rest a little.

“Why aren’t you saying anything?” he was confused.

“I sometimes do.” He replied in a light tone.

His lips curved into a light smile, and like the water on the surface of a lake, his heart rippled. “As long as you do.”

Taehyung liked it when he was on his mind. He smiled at this discovery.

The entire hallway was sealed off. The bodyguards stood on both sides of the corridor, preventing any busybodies from approaching.

A middle-aged man stood at the end of the hallway. His voice was trembling as he pleaded. “CEO Jeon, I’m Lee jaekyung, the director of this hospital. I wish to discuss Mr Kang's situation with you...”

Jaekyung's complexion was pale and his back was covered in cold sweat.

He had not known that hyuntae was jungkook's future father-in-law. After all, it was the Kim family that had a marriage alliance with the Jeon family.

Logically speaking, wasn’t the commander’s future father-in-law supposed to have the surname ‘Kim’?

Who would have thought that the Kim family’s lady took his mother’s name, and that his father had married into his mother’s family.

If he knew about hyuntae's relationship with jungkook, he obviously would have worshipped hyuntae as though he was his ancestor! Was there even the need to mention the measly two months debt?

But now, he was doomed. CEO Jeon's future father-in-law had actually suffered from such poor living conditions in his hospital. Damn, even maggots grew on his body!

If he did not beg for forgiveness now, he would likely lose his life.

“Drag him here.” jungkook commanded coldly.

A bodyguard immediately caught jaekyung's arms and held them behind his back. He dragged him towards jungkook.

“CEO Jeon, I really didn’t know that hyuntae is your father-in-law to-be...” jaekyung's expression was white like a sheet of paper.

He secretly peeked at jungkook's frigid expression. He could not tell if the man was angry.

His gaze shifted to the other person present there. He was dumbstruck to see that CEO Jeon, who was rumoured to avoid everyone, was holding a fat and ugly man in his arms!

Wasn’t CEO Jeon's fiancée, jennie, supposed to be drop dead gorgeous?

Why was this man so ugly?

The question threw him off but this was none of his business.

His priority was to focus on protecting the hospital and holding onto his small life. “If I had known that you were related to hyuntae, even if I was threatened with death, I would never have dared to...”

“Shut up!” jungkook's gaze pierced through him like laser beams. He calmly threatened him. “If hyuntae survives and recovers, your little life will temporarily be safe. But if he dies, both you and the treating doctor will have to pay with your lives!”

Jaekyung nearly wet his pants from fear. His complexion was pale and he did not dare to speak up again.

Everyone knew that jungkook always kept his word. If there was someone he wanted dead, there was no way for that person to live!