Chapter Five

It was a long and tedious day if Jeongyeon would say so herself. The only good thing that happened was the fact that she can easily overpower numerous C-ranking hunters with ease and she received a good amount of rewards from it. She not only feels like crap but she only also looks like one too. Hopefully, her sister and (Y/n) won’t realized that the blood on her clothes were from humans.

She hoped.

As she walks down the path, she slowly comes to a halt when she couldn’t believe what she was seeing right in front of her. Her entire being froze as she watched (Y/n) laughing with a young woman with short blonde hair and was she blushing as well? She had never seen (Y/n) smile and laugh like that was someone else before.

‘I thought I was the only one who get to see you like that…’

“Ms. Cha Hae-in, we’re always grateful for your trust in the quality of weapons and armors we sell to you from our store.” (Y/n) said. “We hope to serve you and your guild in the long run too.”

“Don’t be, I’m glad that I came across at your store though.” Cha Hae-in smiled, “you guys always sell the top quality of weapons and armors around these parts.” She told him, truthfully.

“I’m glad that you’re satisfied with our produ—” before (Y/n) could finish what he was about to say, he was suddenly pulled back. He turns around and was shocked to see that it was Jeongyeon was the one who pulled him.

This surprised Cha Hae-in as well and she didn’t know what to say when she saw the look on Jeongyeon’s face that was directed at her. Her blue eyes filled with nothing but jealousy and a disapproving frown being directed at her as Jeongyeon hugged (Y/n)’s arms protectively as if something was going to abduct him and take him away from her.

“Jeongyeon-ah!” (Y/n) exclaimed in surprised thought it was mostly positive surprise than anything else. “Did you just finished clearing a dungeon? You’re so dirty, let me clean you up.” He takes out a handkerchief and wiped the grime and dirt off of Jeongyeon’s face.

“I did, Oppa.” Jeongyeon smiled as (Y/n) wipes her face clean. As (Y/n) tend to her, she would make sure that she glanced at Cha Hae-in with what seemed to be a look of jealousy and anger.

Cha Hae-in who felt a chill crept down her spine, tapped (Y/n)’s arm. “It’s getting late now so I have to go.” She told him, being mindful about the threatening looks that Jeongyeon was giving her.

“Oh, yes, Miss Cha Hae-in.” (Y/n) replies as he finished wiping Jeongyeon’s face clean from the grime, dirt and some splatter of monster blood. At least, he thinks it’s monster blood. “Be careful on your way home!” He yelled at her.

Once, Cha Hae-in was out of sight. “Oppa, who was that?” she asked.

“Oh, that was Miss Cha Hae-in.” (Y/n) answered, oblivious at Jeongyeon’s jealousy. “She and her guild are one of our loyal and good customers and thanks to them, more and more hunters from varying ranks come to buy weapons and armors from our stores.” He explained.

But Jeongyeon was still not convinced about it. “You two seem close.” She frowned at him, almost look like she was pouting even.

“Well, she tends to buy a lot of weapons and armors from the store so we tend to see each other more often than no—” it then made (Y/n) realized something. “Jeongyeon-ah, are you jealous?” he asked, grinning to himself.

Caught red-handed, Jeongyeon’s face also went red too. “What?! No! I just—well…” stumbling over her words, she hears (Y/n) laughs softly making her grumble in embarrassment.

“Sorry, sorry.” Although, he sounded that he wasn’t sorry at all. “I thought you were being cute, that’s all.” He smiled.

“You’re so mean…” Jeongyeon grumbled making (Y/n) laugh even more as he pulls her in to a hug. She wrapped her arms around him and hides her face against his shoulder.

“It’s just some harmless teasing.” He said before softly pushing away her bangs and kissing her forehead. “Come on, let’s go home.” He tells her.

“Yeah.”

━━━

Jeongyeon just blankly stared at her phone while she has a can of alcohol in her hand, it looks as if she is waiting for something… or someone? Jin-ah looked at her confusingly as she eats a chicken wing.

“Is there something good going to happen?” Jin-ah asked, taking another chicken from the box to eat.

“Well, I’m not sure if it’s going to be good or bad yet?” Jeongyeon replied, looking up from her phone and she frowns in a disapprovingly. “Jin-ah, don’t eat all of the chicken or we won’t have any left for (Y/n) Oppa.” She scolded her.

Jin-ah groaned. “We don’t have chicken often, let me have some before you deprived me again from it.” She pouted at her.

“That’s not the point—” before she could finish her sentence, their doorbell rang and Jeongyeon perks up.

Of course, this made Jin-ah rolled her eyes at her older sister. ‘Just confess already, idiot.’ She grumbled angrily to herself. “I’ll get it.” She said, standing up and making her way to their front door.

Jeongyeon sighed and took a sip from her can, her eyebrows furrowed as she noticed a notification pop up in front of her. ‘I wanna get drunk but the feeling isn’t coming at all…’

(!) ALARM
[A HARMFUL SUBSTANCE HAS BEEN DETECTED]
[BUFF: CURE POISON’S EFFECT IS HEALING YOU]

‘Thanks to the system giving me this special ability, even alcohol is being purified…’

[3...2...1... CURE POISON HAS BEEN COMPLETED]

Jeongyeon had realized something and immediately rushed into her room to test a small theory she had made. She takes out the potion-type item, Rasaka’s venom and drank all of it and she received the same buff from when she was drinking alcohol too as she ingested it.

“Well, it’s good to know that I won’t get any poison debuffs any time soon.” Jeongyeon muttered to herself.

“Jeongyeon-ah?” Jeongyeon perked up once more when she hears a beloved familiar voice from outside her room, the door opens and it was none other than the person whom had a very special place in her heart. “Oh, you’re here.” He smiled.

“Yeah,” Jeongyeon smiled back. “Is something wrong?”

“No, nothing at all.” (Y/n) shook his head. “I brought chicken from my way back from work after reading your message also, there’s someone calling you on the phone right now.” He informed her.

“Eh? Who is it?” Jeongyeon asked, confused.

“A young man by the name, Yoo Jin-ho?”

“Oh… him…”

“Why do you sound like that…”

(A/n: shorter than last time but it's where it doesn't involve that much of a plot development so eh)