Back to Hogwarts

Y/n Rosier took a seat in an empty compartment, her brother had went off with Barty Crouch Jr. somewhere. She had no problem with her not being with her brother for once. For four months she was freed from her parents. Four months. With a smile she stretched her back and stretched her arms out in front of her. The younger Rosier shuffled a bit in her, trying to find the best way to sit. She pulled her knees up on the bench and her cat, Pegasi, a small black cat, took a seat on her lap. She pushed her paws a bit in Y/n Rosier's stomach and finally settled.

Y/n smiled, scratching the cat behind her ears. Her parents never were much of a fun of Pegasi, for she was a bit of a troublemaker, but she'd taken Y/n through some hard days. Pegasi had taken Y/n through her loneliest days at Hogwarts (which were all the days) and she was sure this year would be no different.

The little cat was curled up in Y/n's lap when the door opened to the compartment. Y/n looked up to see a curly haired boy looking at her. First she thought it was Sirius Orion Black, her cousin, however upon further inspection she recognized the boy as Regulus Arcturus Black, his little brother.

"What are you doing here?" Y/n Rosier snapped, putting her rude facade on.

Regulus rose his eyebrows, a bored look on his finely sculpted face. "Taking a seat? What else?"

Y/n was taken aback and followed the boy with her eyes as he took a seat on the seat in front of her. "I didn't give you the permission to."

"Last time I checked any student can sit in any compartment, wherever they'd like," Regulus crossed his arms over each other and propped a leg up to the seat, looking out of the window.

The female Rosier opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it again, knowing (even if her pride didn't allow it) that he was right. Regulus slightly smirked, knowing he had won.

"But why'd you sit with me? Aren't you like, I don't know, befriended with Crouch Jr. and my brother?" Y/n kept looking at her little cousin, really just wanting him to leave her alone.

"Can't I sit with my cousin?" Regulus looked back at his older cousin.

"I don't want you to," Y/n told him, looking at Pegasi, who was still fast asleep in her lap.

"And I don't see how that is my problem."

"You sure do have a lot of talk for your age, little Black," Rosier was too busy with her cat to notice the nasty face the younger Black pulled towards the girl.

"'Your age' I'm one year younger than you," he scoffed at her, "and don't call me that, Evan Rosier's sister," a bigger smirk appeared on his face. 'Evan Rosier's sister' was the name most people at Hogwarts would call her. Most did know her name. Hell, half the wizarding world knew about her and her family, but that name seemed to be the only one known at the old wizarding school.

Y/n glared at the boy, "Don't act like you're any better than me, Sirius Black's less good looking brother," she snapped at him, snickering upon seeing the expression she got out of him.

"Thanks," Regulus rolled his eyes, looking out the window again. "And you're surprised that you have no friends?"

"Not like you have more friends, but I don't waste my time and energy on them. Most people at our school are fake anyways," she wasn't fully lying. Sure, having friends would be nice, very nice, but it is true that most people are fake at Hogwarts. And the ones that are not are the ones that she can't hang out with according to her parents. Something about bloodpurity.

"You're lying," Regulus grabbed a book out of his bag and turned it to the page where the bookmark was at, diving right back in the story.

Y/n gave him a bemused look, "I am not," she told him, slightly offended by the very true, but very assuming statement.