Gaea didn't flinch. She summoned more and more vines up from seemingly nowhere — and with the ground still shaking from the impact of it all, it was hard to move without falling over. Selene held her arms out and tried to steady herself.

Percy turned to her. "I can try and keep her distracted —"

"No."

Percy blinked. "No...?"

"She's aiming for me, Percy. Follow T and Annie and wait for my signal for backup. She — this is between me and her."

"What the fuck? No, hell no. I'm not leaving you with this off-brand Snow White freak —"

"Percy, listen —"

"No, you listen to me. We do this together. I'm going to be with you, always. I'm not leaving you. Fuck that," Percy argued — determined. Selene just sighed — glancing at Gaea before quickly grabbing Percy's hand.

"Percy, please. I have to do this alone."

"But —"

"You will still be with me, Barnacle Boy. Always — like you said. But Gaea — she has been torturing my mind ever since...ever since Bianca's death. She's going to pay for that. This is between her..and me."

Percy's face became solemn at the mention of Bianca. His mouth twitched, but he knew he couldn't argue with her — not with her, never with her. "Stay safe," He whispered — squeezing her hand, which she didn't even realize he was holding until now. "Promise me."

Selene looked at him and pursed her lips. Her blue eyes searched his sea-green ones  — but her lips couldn't find what words to say. All she could do was try and translate what she was trying to say with the expression on her face — all the heartbreak she had endured, all the mental torture.

However what she tried to convey to him the most as she looked at him...

Was how grateful she was, that his annoying, twelve year-old self came into her life that day.

Suddenly, a vine shot in between the two — both shutting them out of...whatever that was. The vine quickly whipped Percy out of the way — sending him flying across the field. Selene gasped and wanted to run out of him, but someone shortly blocked her path.

"It is you and I. At last."

"Just when I thought I had gotten rid of you. Gods, don't you ever get bored of bullying?"

"The Earth never dies," Gaea whispered — her voice seemed to echo in the trees. "You can never truly get rid of me, Selene Lock. No matter how much you try to tell yourself otherwise."

Selene gripped the hilt of Lunar tighter. She had always had this lingering fear ever since Gaea had entered her mind — that the goddess would never truly leave. That she had invaded her mind, for good. That she was there to stay.

She knew Gaea was trying to manipulate her. She also knew it was probably working. However, even though Gaea may sometimes be a liar — Selene couldn't help but realize there was always a plot twist to Gaea's words. There was always a hint of truth.