six

Aonung's 3rd Person POV.

Ao'nung was just about to head onto his next class, out of the lunchroom when one of Ao'nungs friends, Nash'vi suddenly pulled on his shoulder, causing him to quickly turn around. "What's good, boys?" As he offered his hand to be "dapped up", Nash'vi, Ongu, and Koro all looked at each other and back at Ao'nung, silently communicating what they were about to say. Finally, Koro willingly spoke up, "We don't like who you're hanging out with. They're weirdos, freaks.." his big mouth expressed, using hand gestures to further emphasize his point. The tension in the air was palpable as Ao'nung listened to the group's criticisms.

A deep sigh escaped Aonung's lungs as he slowly rubbed the crook of his neck, his gaze trained on the floors. A hint of a smile flitted across his lips as he sucked through his bared teeth, trying to think of a way to explain his recent absence from the group. "Look, I'm just messing with them. We're not actually clicking. You guys are my boys." he said, though the lie was almost undetectable as he casually signed some of his words. A sense of relief washed over Koro's face as he spoke on behalf of the group. "Well, thank god. We thought you were gonna replace us for a bunch of twinks." As the words entered his ears, Aonung frowned, his thoughts drifting to the type of friends he used to like and the type of friends he has now. He would be the same person he was before if not meeting the Sullys, especially Neteyam, even if just meeting them.

"You trying to fetch a drink today?" Ongu asked Aonung, laughing as Koro hit him in the arm. He signed in NZSL the word drunk, his hand in a fist and releasing as he swung his hand across his face. Aonung's eyebrows furrowed as he stared at Ongu, his eyes fixed on the NZSL sign for 'drunk'.

God, do all these people do for fun is underage drink?

He let out a deep exhale, his lips curling into a small smile as he chuckled along with the rest of the group. "Nah, I'm good," he answered, shaking his head. "Plus, I don't think anyone here wants to see me get drunk," he added, his hands moving fluidly to express the action.

Ongu's eyes were locked on Aonung as he spoke, his body tense and his face seemingly expressionless. Despite the lack of emotion on his face, Aonung couldn't help but feel a sense of intimidation when it came to Ongu's direct gaze. "You got plans today, huh?" Ongu asked, flicking his head up to meet Aonung's eyes, almost as if he was trying to regain his attention. Aonung's heart skipped a beat as he quickly thought back to his plans with Neteyam, not really allowing for any other responses besides a yes. "Yeah, to sleep. Maybe surf today." Aonung chuckled awkwardly, lying again. Ongu's eyes narrow as he gazes at Aonung, his face revealing a hint of suspicion. When he nodded, it's as if he's accepting Aonung's lie, almost as if he knows the truth beneath it. He re-adjusted his stance, squinting eyes fixed on Aonung, as if daring him to betray their friendship. "Alright, just know that if we see you with those freaks - if I see you with them - there's going to be problems," Ongu warned Aonung, a smirk appearing at the corner of his lips. At this point, Aonung's awkward smile fades, and his face returns to its former neutral state. "Don't worry about me," he threw his hands up, "surrendering" as a joke, and he attempted to change the subject, but it's clear that his friends won't leave him be just that easily.

Well I guess there's gonna be problems...