ROBOT MEMORIES

Cover made by @ALEXA_muffiNN

(Less of a fanfic or a novel, this is a story treatment i wrote, so it's more direct than most stories.  I hope you enjoy it)

(Updated: April 2, i corrected several sentences and added a few more things to make the story more complete. Enjoy!)

The years go by since Robot last played "September" of Earth, Wind & Fire with Dog and pretended to dance together once last time. Dog is very happy with his new friend, Tin, an intellectual dry robot but also a bit of an intentional goofball. Same with Robot with his partner Rascal, a friendly raccoon whom he starts a business of repairing tech gadgets from TVs and radios to toasters.

One time, they're sent parts of a broken robot, but Rascal finds it difficult to repair it due to being only pieces of it. Robot stares at it, wondering what happened to them, what was their life like.

Dog and Tin's favorite place is still the beach. Tin can't help to wonder what it would be like if he could get into the sea, but nevertheless he still enjoys Dog's company.

Dog and Robot have occasionally walked the city and almost come across each other, sometimes wondering if what they saw was real. But while missing each other, they keep moving forward.

It's the mid 90's. Dog, now in his 30s, wears glasses and occasionally a black hat but he's still very recognizable. Tin looks exactly the same, he's been taken care of very well.

Robot stays the same, he plays around with the children when they visit the store, who are amazed with his ability to stretch his arms and swing back and forth. Robot also helps to take care of Rascal, who now is in his late years.

One day, while cleaning Dog's room, he finds the four photos of Dog and Robot. He observes it and wonders who that robot was, but happily displays it on the fridge so it wouldn't get lost.

In the hospital, Robot spends Rascal's final minutes holding his hand, thanking him for everything and that it's time for Robot to go and live his own life. They both stare at each other, with sadness and yet with so much love.

At night, both Tin is making popcorn for movie night, while Dog searches for "The Wizard of OzVHS, their favorite film. He starts looking on the top shelf of his closet without getting to properly see it, using his hand to reach it. Once he gets it, he pulls it out, but something heavy with a metallic sound falls as well.

Dog looks down; it's Robot's leg, the one he found on the beach. He takes the leg slowly, sits down on the bed and stares at it silently. He dearly misses him...

Tin passes by the room and notices Dog looking down sadly. He gently knocks the door to get his attention. Dog looks up and Tin shows him his popcorn bowl. Dog smiles and tells him to go ahead, so Tin goes to sit down on the couch.

Dog takes a moment to think, he hides Robot's leg below his bed, he then takes a look at the VHS tape and then looks at Tin from afar. He has Tin now, that's all that matters... They start watching "The Wizard of Oz" together...

After the movie is done, Dog goes to bed while Tin sleeps on the couch, they say good night to each other as they exchange smiles.

It's the next morning, it's a sunny bright day. Relatively noisy considering it's New York City, a sun beam can be seen coming across the living room. Robot wakes up but quickly realizes something: he's not in the hospital, he's in Dog's apartment again.