31 | Within Lotus Heartbeats

Start from the beginning

" It's my life boon Maa to get you as my mother , to be a daughter to such parents " , Suthanu spoke softly.

Her eyes soon turned to search for Yudhishthira who wasn't seen since this morning. 

" Maa , where is Pita? " , Suthanu asked softly almost in the verge of tears. She was highly worried and unsettled about Yudhisthira's absence at the time of her departure.

" Bangaram , Swami will come ! " , Draupadi tried to smile , " Get farewell from all the elders of Hastinapura ".

Draupadi walked towards Bhima and Arjuna before turning to Nakula and Sahadeva in question. All of them had no clue where Yudhishthira was as they exchanged quizzical looks.

" Was Jyeshtha alright last night? " , Arjuna asked softly as Draupadi looked at him with a soft smile. " Were you okay? " , Draupadi's question was Arjuna's answer.

" But where can Jyeshtha disappear since dawn? " , Bhima asked softly.

" I remember seeing Jyeshtha take a stroll before the dawn in the gardens" , Sahadeva added , " I never remember seeing him in such a position anytime before ".

The five tried to mask their worry but it was turning inevitable

Suthanu came to stand by their side in concern even as she took leave from the royal family of Kuru. She knew it was about Yudhisthira. Suthanu looked at Arjuna in question who swallowed the lump down his throat.

" Jyeshtha is not seen since this dawn " , Arjuna whispered as Suthanu's eyes brimmed with tears.

" Paa " , she whispered taken aback by the uncertainty and as tears welled in her eyes, Bhanu who was far rushed to her side, sensing her distress.

"What's wrong?" he asked gently.

" Pita ", Suthanu's voice was almost inaudible as she closed her eyes letting the tears fall down. Was her father so upset? Would history repeat itself and he wouldn't come to give her a farewell?

" Bangaram " , Yudhishthira's voice broke  Suthanu's thoughts. She reflexively turned to the direction of the sound.

" Pita " , Suthanu whispered as she saw Yudhishthira hurriedly walk towards her while men of the the royal kitchen followed him with the golden vessels. Her own father's hands had remains of flour maybe , a few stuck over his silk maroon angavastram. He gestured the men to fill it in the chariots that was being filled with their things. 

" I am so sorry for the delay , my child " , Yudhishthira came closer as Suthanu noticed the sweat on his forehead , " I wanted to make your favorite ladoo that you used to love in your childhood from my hands".

Suthanu looked at Draupadi and the rest of the Pandavas who smiled softly momentarily before she crashed into Yudhishthira's arms with tears.

" Chakravarti Samrat of Bharatvarsha in the royal kitchen, Pita? " , Suthanu sobbed though she was extremely touched about the love that her father held for her.