19 | Whispered Goodbyes

- || Whispered Goodbyes ||- 

"In the hushed embrace of whispered goodbyes, their unspoken emotions painted a poignant farewell across their hearts."

◊◊◊

Within the sacred confines of Indraprastha's familial sanctum, an air of profound melancholy draped the chamber like a somber veil. A spectral numbness tiptoed through the atmosphere, casting its desolate touch upon every corner.

 Suthanu, entered the chamber, Bhanu's presence an unspoken reassurance by her side who dismissed the courtiers accompanying him, leaving the intimate space to breathe in solitude.

"Maiya," Suthanu's voice was a tender whisper, brushing against the sorrow that clung to Draupadi like a second skin. With a gesture of unspoken understanding, she settled beside the tear-streaked Draupadi, who, in turn, drew her close, as if enshrouding this precious part of her heart from the world's malevolent gaze. In these rare moments, Suthanu departed from the usual 'Maa' to 'Maiya', an acknowledgment of the depth of their bond as well as knowing the warmth of Draupadi's enduring maternal embrace.

"Why, Bangaram?" Draupadi's voice quivered amidst tears, her grip upon Suthanu tightening, "Must the cruel tapestry of fate weave its bitter threads into my destiny once more? Must I now even witness malicious tongues wagging against my precious dulhari which wasn't satisfied with me?"

"Maa," Suthanu's touch was a gentle balm, tenderly wiping away the rivulets of sorrow, "It has passed now, whatever transpired. And, you must know, it was your unwavering blessings that fortified me. These trials, they are but part of the arduous path that women like us must tread in our lifetimes is what you always preached me."

Arjuna, his fists clenched in a viselike hold, spoke through the veil of sadness that shrouded his eyes, "Upon the day of your Rajyaabhisheka, Bangaram?"

Bhima's words, like a blunt weapon wielded with unintended force, pierced the chamber's mournful silence, "It was not just a question, it was a venomous allegation, a brutal strike that would have left an eternal scar upon the spirit of any other girl."

Draupadi, instinctively pulling Suthanu closer, as if to shield her from the world's harshness, wept, realizing that her daughter embodied her own fierce strength yet the heart would have been wounded. 

"Bangaram," Draupadi's voice was soft, her own tears mingling with the tenderness of her touch, "Is there something you wish to share? Your heart, is it heavy with something untold?"

Suthanu, offering a serene smile , turned fully toward Draupadi, a wellspring of gratitude shimmering in her eyes, "No, Maiya. Do not fret. I stand resilient, upheld by your strength and the family's, desiring only for all your tranquility. The silver lining, if I may call it so, is that Mata Ganga herself emerged to voice the truth. And for this, I am indebted to be born into such a lineage, a lineage that upholds honor and justice. Moreover, the women of Indraprastha need not dread the specter of such baseless allegations any longer, not after the resolute verdict delivered by the first judgment of the Rajkumar."