🖤 Chapter 3: Failed Apologies 🖤

~~~~~~~~~Your POV~~~~~~~~~

"You're sure you're okay?" Ally floated around me as her fingers fidgeted nervously, "Maybe you should head to the nurse's office."

I had a handful of tissue paper pressed against my aching nose to make sure I didn't bleed all over the place. Once it was mostly clean, I sniffled, that alone making me cringe in pain. "And have her yell at me again? I think I'm good."

"She's got a point," Andy leaned against the sink, seemingly uninterested, "What kind of school nurse hates children anyway?"

Ally glared over, "Oh shut up! You're not even suppose to be in here, it's the girl's bathroom!"

"Gender norms are so 1995, Allison," Andy replied with the bitchiest voice he could put on, waving her off. "Besides, the bathroom's empty!"

"Guys!" The two turned to me, and I let out a sigh, "Can you please not argue right now? I'm a patient in need."

Lowering her head in shame, Ally apologized while Andy looked away with a huff. Luckily, I always had bandaids with me since getting hurt in school grades wasn't uncommon for me, so I placed one over my nose and called it a day, just in time for the second bell period to ring so I didn't have to see or talk to anyone, speeding to the right classroom.

Little did I know this wouldn't be the first incident of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day came and went the same as always.

For the most part, people were too busy swooning over the new students who arrived to pay any attention to me, which I was very grateful for. Granted, I myself wasn't too thrilled about them; the girl seemed nice enough, but egotistical and thriving off of all the attention she was getting from her subjects- or, classmates. And the boy, well, I owe my bloody nose to him, what else can I say?

The day had been cloudy, even rained a few times, but as I waited along with other students for the bus to arrive, the clouds had started to drift away. Ally welcomed the sun, her smile just as bright, while Andy seemed to hiss at it like a vampire.

It only took a few minutes for the bus to arrive, but because I had my headphones in, I hadn't notice the fast-forming entourage behind us, not until it was two late.

Before I realized what was happening, there was a sharp pain hitting my ribcage, and the impact took me so off guard that I tripped over my own feet and landed in a puddle of muddy water, bag and all. Instantly, people started to take pictures and videos of the scene, eyeing me up as they laughed.

'This day cannot possibly get any worse.'

"I- it's you!" Someone shoved their way through the crowd to get to me; the boy from earlier, the one who's nose job I owe a thanks to. "I-I'm so sorry!! Again! I didn't mean t- I was just trying-!"

"Bus to Grayroad Street about to close!" As the bus driver's words reached my ears, I covered my face with my hoodie and ran into the bus, hiding near the end. I didn't care if I came off as rude, now I had been drenched in muddy water and my own blood! I could even here the snickers and murmurs of the students who were also in the bus with me, all poking the bear with the stick, but none daring to take a step closer to it.