𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 O4 I good mornings or morning...

Start from the beginning

'Hii!' I said to myself, before shaking my head, god I sound like a dying duck!

practice, practice, practice, Wish!

'Hey! Good morning,' nah not working.

'Good morning, how'd you sleep?' nah I can't afford to start the day reminding him about the night before!

'Yo, good morning bro,' he's not my bro! Not even platonically! I-

"Absolutely. I've been considering some enhancements to the original plan that could really elevate the project. For instance, incorporating sustainable features like solar panels or rainwater harvesting systems could not only reduce operational costs but also attract environmentally conscious guests." I stopped my little rehearsal the moment I heard some other voice speak.

I don't think I look bad, I thought to myself, giving one last look to myself as I patted my cheeks.

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY GET FLUFFED WHEN I HARDLY EVEN SLEPT FOR 5 HOURS STRAIGHT!

"Sustainability is definitely a trend in the industry, and it aligns with our values as well. Let's explore those options further. What kind of timeline are we looking at for these additional features?"

Biting onto my bottom lip I couldn't help but hold my breath the moment I stepped outside the corridor and into the living, we had an open kitchen to be exact, but since the distance between the main living room and the kitchen counter was too much to be considered one, you could say we had a fair share of space and distance. 

A small gasp escaped my lips as I looked at the man who stood at the counter, his back facing toward me while seemed to be pretty occupied with the omelette he oh so skillfully flipped on the pan.

My brows shot up, clearly impressed, however, at this point it was a little difficult to distinguish on whether it was his 'egg-flippin' skills that got me to bite my bottom lip in nervousness or the way he had that apron wrapped around him over the perfectly ironed dark shade of gray dress pant and a black shirt, that were folded around his forearms, making all those hours that he probably spends at the gym, clearly show.

I think I should consider thanking my parents for at least one thing in this entire lifetime. 

Even though Shehryar Mir Khan was clearly a case of shots being backfired.

For them.

"Well, integrating these features may add a few weeks to the construction timeline, but I believe the long-term benefits outweigh the slight delay. Plus, we can work efficiently to minimize any disruptions." 

I looked around, my eyes landing on the laptop that was placed on the dining table that was right in front of the slab a few feet away.

"Sounds reasonable," He replied, effortlessly grabbing two plates from the shelf, "Let's ensure we communicate this to our stakeholders and set clear expectations. I also want to discuss the budget implications of the same," 

I slowly moved forward, looking at the laptop screen from behind, only to find some random stock market graphs being displayed.

That's what I thought, had he had the camera on why would he be making eggs in the middle of a meeting anyway?

Not wanting to make a noise I simply walked closer to the other side of the kitchen counter, right behind him, while he was oh-so-focused on getting some sausages done. 

"Of course, we'll need to adjust the budget accordingly, but I'm confident we can find cost-effective solutions without compromising on quality." I heard the person on call continue,