#48

Y/n POV :

"How are you, my daughter?"

His voice is just as deep as before. No change in him.

I slowly turned and saw him. The sight of him made my heart sink. How am I? I don't know.

"I-I'm fine.", I stuttered because of his dominant figure. I couldn't see him the way I did before.

With that saying, I left him all alone in the living room before going to the dining room. I sat beside Taehyung and in front of me was MinHo.

That's when I noticed another figure beside him. Soo-jin.

As soon as she noticed my gaze on her, she turned towards me. I just looked away.

My father soon came before sitting on one of the head chairs. While the other head chair is taken by my mother. 

Seating arrangement

Soo-jin         MinHo

Dongwook                            Mrs.Lee

Taehyung        Y/n

Lia, our head maid and nice friend of mine in this house, started serving us. As soon as she was about to serve me, I just stopped her and served myself.

Because I see her as a friend and less a worker.

Author's POV :

Taehyung understood Y/n's action and he served himself. Dongwook was about to question him but stopped himself.

It's his house too, after all.

That's what he thought.

Soon everyone started eating. But Y/n couldn't eat it as she was thinking about how to ask her father about everything.

She kept playing with her food. She could feel two pairs of eyes on her. One is Taehyung. He constantly checks upon her for any sort of discomfort because she hasn't eaten anything.

Another one is her father. He wanted to talk to her about something, but he couldn't bring himself.

"Y/n!", A deep voice was heard from her left side. She looked upwards and saw her husband calling her.

Y/n POV : (G: sorry for keeping changing povs)

"Huh?"

"Do you not like the food? Why are you not eating?"

Is this the moment? Am I going to go home without eating anything?

"Ha. It's just. I was wondering about something"

Yes Y/n! You got the confidence! Just ask it before you lose it! You can do it!

"About what?", It's Min Ho now. I'll come to you later, but before that it's about someone else.

I faced my father." Appa. Who are you?" A moment of silence enveloped the room, but soon it broke out, laughter. "Haha. Who am I?.. I'm your father Y/n! Lee Dongwook!"

I scoffed, "Haha. Very funny! I asked about you as your true self! Who? Are. You?", I asked in a firm tone. Seriousness lacing in your tone. "Y/n.. what do you mean?", Taehyung asked. I passed him a small smile, "This is the time I have to clear the air between us.."

Taehyung didn't asked further but just listened to what she has to say. Y/n had enough of waiting so she stood up and "Tell me everything, dad! Not a single detail should be missed!"

She stood still waiting for an answer but when she didn't get it, she turned towards the very person whom she wanted to confront for a long time.

"Soo-jin! Atleast. You tell me the truth! Did you ever think of me as your friend?"

"Y/n! Finish your food", Dongwook's voice could be heard very darkly.

"You. First answer my question!"

Taehyung tried to pull her to sit, but she yanked his hand on her wrist. At this point, she's exploding all her bottled up emotions. Taehyung just wanted her to be a little calm since anger can lead to great disaster.

But Y/n became deaf and didn't care about anything. She wanted to let go of the feeling she'd been feeling for a very long time. First, she was forced to marry someone whom she barely knew. And that, too, without her will. Then her friend whom she had known for more than 8 years had betrayed her to herself. She could've told her the truth. 

Then, she may not accept her at first.

But she would've tried to understand Soo-jin. She would've at least tried to accept her as the way she is and would not leave her like she's some unwanted person. She had never thought Soo-jin would do something like that.

what will happen next? let's wait and watch!

To be continued...

Thank y'all for being patient with me :)

Hope this chapter is not boring.

This chapter is dedicated to @itssavagegirlll thank you for waiting :)

love you all :)