.

Jimin walked around, holding a camera in hand while recording an unaware Minjeong who was rummaging through her bag, sitting on the grass field in search of something but when Jimin's footsteps got closer, she looked up and frowned playfully.

"Stop it," she tried to hold back a smile, reaching out her non-occupied hand to cover the camera lens.

Small waves of laughter were exchanged between the two girls as Jimin didn't stop and moved around so Minjeong couldn't cover up the recording and make her accept that she was filming her. There was quite literally nothing she could do about it that'd make Jimin stop anytime soon.

Each blade of grass looked shiny and slightly dewy under the moonlight's silvery glow, enhancing the calming and serene atmosphere of the grass field as the two high schoolers found it a place to lounge about for their night, still in their school uniforms from that evening.

Minjeong took out a few sparklers from her bag, having agreed with her best friend a day beforehand to equip those for their next hangout session which was right now since she was complaining about how her dad bought too many and Jimin loved playing with those kinds of fireworks.

"Don't tell me you forgot to bring a lighter," Jimin muses as she finally stops filming, sitting beside Minjeong and taking a sparkler so each of them would have one.

"No, I have it in my pocket right here," Minjeong takes it out and hands it over to the other girl. "Give me that, I'll film the fireworks," Minjeong offers, referring to the camera.

Grabbing the lighter, she set up hers and the sparkler Minjeong was holding on fire and waited for them to sparkle. Minjeong on the other hand was keeping the camera rolling, saving every bit of this new moment.

"They look like stars," Jimin comments, a small smile appearing on her face, "I wish this would last forever and never fade." She looked over to Minjeong, a different smile covering her face. It was almost as if she was trying to convey something more than just fireworks.

Choosing to ignore the undertones of that sentence, Minjeong nodded as a way of silently agreeing as she reverted her attention to the fireworks, already almost fading. She tried to grab another sparkler in her bag for Jimin but she was hit by a sudden question.

"You'll stay here next to me too, right?" She asks, a hint of uncertainty and content in her tone.

Minjeong's breath hitched, "Of course... Why would you ask that?" She studied Jimin's face, trying to find something, anything, that could give her an answer to what she meant but Jimin only smiled, and a small chuckle escaped from her lips as she looked down bashfully. Alas, there was no answer.

Jimin looked at Minjeong as if she should've already known why and rather than questioning one more time, Minjeong brushed over some of Jimin's hair to get a better look at her face. They both smiled at each other, each smile meaning something similar.

Her alarm goes off, waking Jimin from her dream of a distant yet vivid memory. A bedroom, supposedly giving off a mundane and domestic atmosphere felt empty despite the obvious presence of a familiar man, sleeping soundly next to her.

She ran her fingers over her fair, slicking them back as she sluggishly sat up, staring at the man with mixed feelings. She knows something didn't feel right but she couldn't do anything about it, she asked for this kind of life after all. Whether she liked this or not, that's a different story.

Reaching over to the bedstand next to the mattress laid out on the floor, she checks the time and looks at the card on it. She lets out a long sigh, bracing herself for what awaits her later that day.