"His father? You mean Brother-in-law Liwei?"

He grunted. The rest of his face was expressionless but the slight curl of his upper lip indicated his displeasure at what Bacon did behind his back.

"If it were just any other katana, I wouldn't give a fuck. But that particular katana is special. It's a treasure."

"Oh." Her curiosity was piqued.

"A master swordsmith forged it centuries ago and a line of real samurai warriors wielded it. When the age of the samurai ended in Japan, the katana changed ownerships many times until it ended in the hands of a yakuza leader. Since then, the katana became a precious heirloom passed down to the leaders of that yakuza group."

Something dawned on Long Jinjing. "Don't tell me the yakuza group that you're taking about is the one Shun belonged to before?"

He raised both eyebrows and smiled at her guess. "Exactly."

"Wow," she whispered.

"Guess which katana Shun used to behead the yakuza leader who raped and murdered his sister."

She gasped. "No way."

His smug silence was enough confirmation to her.

"Does Brother-in-law Liwei know that the katana Bacon gifted him has this, uhm, history?"

Lu Zihao shrugged.

"Oh dear. How about we tell Brother-in-law Liwei?"

He snorted.

"Nikolai, the katana is a murder weapon if Shun really used it to behead that yakuza leader! What if Brother-in-law Liwei gets into trouble by possessing it?"

"You think anyone can just march inside Dragon Palace and search inside? Third Brother might be 'clean' compared to a criminal like me, but his power and influence aren't inferior in any way."

She became upset at the way he worded the comparison between him and Jin Liwei. However, he didn't seem to notice that she was upset for his sake and continued speaking while driving.

"Now that he married my sister, he has become even more powerful and untouchable in many ways."

She made a confused sound. "Little Sister Xiulan? And she's MY sister!"

He glanced at her and responded to her question but ignored her last sentence. "You think that someone who can create highly advanced AI beings like those two little brats is normal?"

Visit and read more novel to help us update chapter quickly. Thank you so much!

Chapter 1142 - First Time Ever

"I...." A deep furrow formed between Long Jinjing's brows as confusion filled her. "I've known Little Sister Xiulan since we were children and...uhm, well, let's just say that she was very...different back then. It shocked me so much to learn that she's actually a genius who's enrolled to THE Cross Academy, but she's my own sister so I'm also very proud of her. It's just that...how do I say this? I know that she's a genius but I guess that it hasn't really registered completely to me yet just how much of a genius she is in reality. Am I making sense?"

Lu Zihao grunted.

"It seems that my sister is even more amazing than I thought," she murmured.

This time, the silence that descended between the two of them felt more comfortable than the previous one. The car left the old, abandoned industrial zone and would soon enter the city. Brighter lights from the streets illuminated the interior of the car.