101 - 110

Chapter 101 - Masked Women

Silence.

One second. Two seconds. Three seconds.

"Welcome to my launch party," Iris spoke once again, not minding the zero response from the audience. "Thank you everyone for coming here today to help me celebrate the release of my album 'Rebirth'."

Silence.

Iris lowered the mic, swept her eyes across everyone, and then smiled.

Her blinding smile finally woke everyone up from their daze.

"I-it's Iris...oh my god...It's really Iris!"

"Iris, you're so beautiful!"

"Wow. Just wow! I...wow! She's so...wow! Wow!"

"How can someone be so beautiful? This is impossible."

"Yes. She looks even more beautiful in person."

"Wuwuwu. I can die happily now without any regrets. Wuwu..."

"I love you, Iris!"

They were screaming and cheering and whistling. The more extreme ones were crying, while some were still staring at Iris as if they couldn't believe that she was real. The majority of them were clapping, praising her unexpectedly strong presence.

"I'm your number one fan, Iris!"

"Hey! I'm her number one fan!"

"Dream on! This young master is her number one fan! Marry me, Iris Long! This young master will give you everything you want and take care of you for the rest of your life!"

"Hah! You want me to whack you all with my mighty slippers? I'm Iris' number one fan!"

This comment caused some good-natured booing from those who heard it.

"What did you say? Is it just me or am I hearing things?"

The most up-to-date novels are published on lightnovelworld[.]com

"Are you nuts? YOU'RE her number one fan? Don't think that we've forgotten how you criticized Iris online before!"

"Yeah! I have screenshots of your earlier negative comments! I have evidence! Let's see if you can still deny!"

"Hey! What negative comments?! Those are constructive criticisms, you know! My mighty slippers have always been used to fight for Iris! So I'm her number one fan, okay?!"

"Constructive criticism, my a**! Try claiming to be her number one fan again and this uncle will fight you! Come at me!"

This banter made the surrounding people laugh. They were finally fully awake from their earlier stupor. Feeling relaxed, they continued to tease the thin, grumpy-looking man.

With her great ears, Iris heard most of the shout-outs.

"Thank you everyone," Iris spoke to the mic again, eliciting another wave of loud applause.

She handed the mic to the emcee who was still staring at her like an idiot. She raised an eyebrow at him.

The emcee finally regained some of his senses. "Oh!" He hurriedly received the mic from her, holding it like it was the most precious treasure in the world.

His actions caused Iris to giggle.

Hearing her laughing at him, he blushed like a teenage boy meeting his long-time crush. "Uhm, haha. Thanks, Iris. I mean, Miss Long! Thank you very much, Miss Iris Long."

"I think it's time to start the performance." Her light, lovely laugh was like music to his ears. "Our guests have waited long enough."

"I...yes, yes! Of course! Right away, Iris. I mean, Miss Long!"