Chapter 2

Mariana tried her best to sleep ,but she just couldn't stop thinking about Lucas and how her face was so close to his. The next morning she struggled to wake up due to not getting enough sleep."Mariana! hurry up you are going to be late for school"said Marianna's Mom in frustration."Yes mama I'm coming."   Mariana came late to school and got the lecture of her life."You're just like your sister . Look at where her mischievous spirit landed her  , on the streets"said Mrs Vendict. All of the students laughed at Mariana. Without even a single reaction Mariana  responded by saying "Oh wow and look where wasting your time with boys landed you . I saw you desperately trying to make a move on the principal.What a way to lead by example. Now if you're done I'd like you to lecture me about something more meaningful." Mrs Vendict just sat down in embarassment. "Classic Mariana " Sofia sighed.

The bell rang and everyone rushed out as if they had been waiting for this moment for a very long time. Mariana and Sofia got into their usual business. But as usual Sofia would always have a large crowd of girls and boys waiting for her. All the boys wanted to ask her out and all the girls wanted tips on how to enhance their  appearance.Sadly Mariana would always have to watch her as she got her daily dose of attention.But Mariana wasn't focused on that ,she only had Lucas on her mind . People could tell that there was something different about her.She wasn't as feisty and arrogant as usual,she was much more soft and peaceful .

As she was doing her classwork ,she wished the time could go faster ,and as luck would have it the last bell rang and everyone rushed out including Mariana ."Mariana ! Mariana!" Sofia shouted as she ran after Mariana . Mariana ran as if she was being chased by her worst nightmare. She finally came to the beach and scanned the whole area but she didn't see a sign of him anywhere."looking for me "said Lucas behind her.