Chapter Four: God Spent Extra Time On This One

Dove 🕊

It's been about two days since Elora's breakdown. It's only been two days and already I wish school would end.

The teachers are starting to assign schoolwork now, so that's definitely a lot more stress for me. I stress a lot more than I should. I know it isn't healthy, but it's really hard not to with the amount of workload that this stupid school has to offer.

I greet my mother in the kitchen, noticing that she chose not to cook breakfast today. Instead, she's eating cereal while she writes in her planner. You could say that she's a neat freak. I could never compare to the way she manages her time throughout the day.

"What's the plan for today?" I look at her, waiting for her response. I grab a box of cereal from off the top of the fridge and I grab the milk out of the fridge right after.

"Well first off I think I might go grocery shopping. I guess after that I could clean up the house a little, even though it doesn't need as much cleaning. The guy's coming over later at three to install the new roof," she stops for a moment, taking a deep breath before continuing, "I have so much to do today." She continues to scribble in her planner

"Relax mom. You're thinking too much into this. Plus, you've got the entirety of the day to get these things done."

I start to eat my cereal, my mind starting to stress about the day ahead. School really does those things to you.

"You're right. Of course, my lovely daughter is always right, isn't she!?" She kisses my cheek before getting up to wash her dishes. I smile as I continue eating my cereal.

After I finish eating, I kiss my mother goodbye and exit the house. Elora texted me saying that she'd be here by 7:50 am, so I've got a good couple of minutes to wait.

I look up from my phone as I spot Elora's car approaching. I quickly get up from off of the porch and make my way to her car. This time, Lorelai is sitting in the backseat, so I decide to sit in the front.

"What's up girl," Elora says as soon as I get in the car. Today she's wearing a dark blue tube top covered by a black zip up sweater and black jeans. It's a pretty simple outfit but she still pulls it off. Sometimes I feel like I'm the ugliest out of my group of friends. I mean, they're both really pretty.

"Nothing much. Hey Lorelai." I stare into the rear view mirror at her. She quickly waves before going back to staring at her phone. Right after that we pull out of my house's driveway and make our way to school.

-🤍-

I'm currently sitting in class, waiting for the start of the lesson.

I'm doodling on my desk before I'm interrupted by a football making contact with my forehead. I press my hand against it, trying to somehow ease the pain, and I look up and see a guy make his way towards me. Great, I think a bump is already starting to form.

"I am so sorry. I meant to throw the ball to someone behind you." He stares behind me before his eyes return unto me.

It takes me a minute to process everything, but I quickly reply. "It's fine, really. It doesn't hurt that much anyway."

I'm lying, it hurts like hell. It's taking every ounce in me to stop myself from letting the Niagara falls make its way out of my eyes.

"Are you sure?" He looks at me guiltily.

"I'm a hundred and one percent sure," I say back. Now that I'm properly looking at him, he does look handsome.

His short brunette hair looks as if it's been ran through by his hands, and his face, oh my gosh, his face. God definitely spent extra time crafting this one.

I quickly stop from possibly embarrassing myself and look everywhere but at him, hoping that he didn't notice how long I stared at him.

"I'm Clyde by the way." He smiles, and a few dimples come into view. Somebody help me, I'm about to faint.

Taking this as an opportunity to introduce myself, I return his smile.

"I'm Dove, you know, like the bird?" I stare at him, realizing that I most likely sound like an idiot. However, my thoughts are cut off by his response.

"That's a pretty name," He says before turning back around and returning to his seat.

Let me tell you, I almost folded like a lawn chair right then and there. I must be dreaming, because there's no way someone could look that good.

Fourth chapter up! As of the time I'm writing this, there are literally zero readers, so it's like I'm talking to myself. Oh well. If there are any readers in the future, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Signing off. 😜