Moonlit Bridge, 01

Alone on the bridge, the city's cacophony fading into a distant hum, Maloi stood at the precipice of her despair. Her heart heavy with the weight of unspoken burdens, she gazed down into the abyss below, the void mirroring the emptiness within her soul.

With trembling hands and tear-streaked cheeks, she whispered her silent goodbyes to a world that had grown too heavy to bear. Each step closer to the edge echoed the ache of her fractured spirit, a symphony of sorrow playing out in the silence of the night.

In that moment of profound solitude, she found solace in the thought of surrendering to the oblivion that beckoned from below. With one final glance at the stars overhead, she closed hereyes, ready to let go and embrace the darkness that awaited her. 

As fate would have it, A stranger catches sight of silhouette against the city lights. A shiver of concern rippled through her as she approached, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Hey?"  she called out softly, her voice barely a whisper in the stilness of the night.

Startled, Maloi turned, her eyes wide with suprise before a flicker of recognition crossed her features. Her lips parted, but no words came out, only a hollow silence that hung heavy in the air between them.

Without any hesitation, The stranger stepped forward, his movements careful yet determined. He reached out his hand gently grasping Maloi's arm, anchoring her. 

"Wag", she pleaded his voiced tinged urgency.

"Please, don't do this."

"Bakit hindi?" Maloi's voice was a whisper, tinged with bitterness.

"Because you're not alone," The stranger replied softly

"Because there's still hope, even in the darkest of nights"

Moved by the stranger's sincerity, Maloi hesitated, her eyes, clouded with tears, met hers, searching for something she had long believed lost. And in that moment, she found a glimmer of connection, a flicker of understanding.

With trembling hands, the stranger led Maloi away from the edge, guiding him to safer ground where the shadows seemed less daunting, less suffocating.

The stranger's eyes softened "Colet nga pala"  she muttered and attempted a smile.