𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Klaus shakes his head, "Sorry love, Rebekah's ex-date. Matt."

"Oh... Why didn't you finish the job?" Amber pouts at Kol.

"I tried." Kol scoffs.

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around in it." Rebekah sits beside Amber.

"Just like you, Bekah," Kol smirks and dodges the shoe Rebekah throws at him.

"Good riddance, both of you!" 

Klaus kisses Amber before leaving with Kol. Rebekah smirks at Amber as Amber shakes her head and blushes. Elijah enters the room, "Rebekah. Amber."

"No you too, Elijah." Rebekah groans.

"I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behavior?"

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?"

"Burnt sage." Elijah shows the girls the sage and Amber takes it from him.

"A privacy spell?" Amber asks.

"You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her." Rebekah shrugs.

"I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has."

"That's not true. And as for Mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" Rebekah asks, missing the look Elijah and Amber shared.

Woods

Elijah parks his car and he and Elena get out and walk around, "Forgot how much I missed this land." Elijah looks around.

"I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago," Elena speaks.

"You know, your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square was where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that, there was a field where wild horses used to graze."

"That's incredible."

"Come." Elijah leads her.

"Do you know this place too?"

"I do. Below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy. Connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance."

"Elijah, I should probably go home." Elena breaths out.

"When I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face." Elijah looks at her.

"That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start."

"I can hear your heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball; you are lying to me now. Tell me the truth." Elijah glares at her.

"I never wanted this to happen." Elena lies.

"Your heartbeat jumped." Amber speaks from behind Elena, who gasps, "Tell the truth, Elena."