𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐

𝓔𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷

     Aʟᴍᴏs ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ғ Aᴘʀɪʟ, ᴀɴᴅ xᴀᴍs ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ. I ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀss ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀʟʟ ғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. Fᴏʀ myself. For mom. For Isabel.
     "Promise you'll do it for me?" She asked softly, the light touch of her hand on my cheek breaking me out of the trance I was in.
     We had studied all night last night, and it had been over a week since we got back together. In the same way we crossed paths before.
     She was worried, and I knew it. Because I don't really remember the last time I had a good grade, even if it was in a subject I was really good at.
     "Yes, cariño. I promise I won't run away, or just make up some lame excuse to go to the nurse's office, because I want to do this exam. And I'll pass it, mark my words." I assured her, my hands going to the dip of her waist, her eyes locking straight on mine. I knew that she was scared I wouldn't graduate senior year with her, but I will.
     That I can promise.
     Suddenly, the bell rang, signaling that I had to go. My hands slowly left the only body I wanted to touch for a lifetime now.
     "Good luck, I guess." She whispered as havoc started all around us, classmates of ours and students walking to their next classes. Slowly, she leaned up and gave me a kiss before leaving and going her way, not even letting me kiss her back.
     I took a deep breath and started heading to the classroom I was about to take my exam in, which was math.
     Me and Isabel had a really good way of studying. Once I remembered every single thing I needed to study for the exam like the back of my hand, she would let me fuck her. Proudly, I can say I did both.
     Her hair wrapped around my fist. My hips snapping back and forth against her perfect ass. Her moans filling the room along with my ragged breathing. The sound of skin slapping against skin, while the chain around her neck kept dangling with each of the harsh thrusts I gave her. The dirty words I whispered in her ear while tears streaked her face from how hard I was being with her.
     Dammit. How was I going to focus when the only thing I could think about was her?
     Once I got into the classroom, everyone started eyeing me, confused looks on their faces. Not again, man.
     "Ethan Morales. Are you here to ask where is the principal's office again?" Right. I've been here for now three years and still haven't known where really is Principal Grubbs' office.
     I shook my head and started talking, "No. I'm here to take the exam."
     Something I thought would never happen, the room got even more silent than it was before. Even more than I ever thought would be possible.
     "Hey, man. Are you baked, or something?" A guy asked at the end row of the classroom, some laughs breaking the loud silence.
     "I am not." I kissed my teeth again, looking over at the flabbergasted teacher again.
     The old woman shook away her thoughts, and gestured for me to sit down at a table right next to the window. I did as she signaled me to and sat down, stress and anxiety taking over me.
     I hadn't been in a room like this since Freshman year. Where you take exams, I mean.
     Somehow, I still passed all of the different years.
     Yet, being here scared the shit out of me.
     What if I didn't ace it? What if I failed everything? What if everything went wrong? What if I broke my promise to Isabel? What would happen at that point?
     A stream of "what if"s took a shit ton of space in my mind, and only got worse once I saw the paper in front of me.
Math Exam n°1. There's more?
     Of course there is, it's the end of the year. What am I thinking?
     I took the pen and started fidgeting with it. Slowly starting to read each one of the questions.
What is the...Calculate the...Measure the...Give the definition of...
     The answers quickly came into my head once I realised what each one of these questions meant. Exactly what I had studied with Isabel.
     I gripped the pen between my fingers and started to write down everything I remembered, everything around me fading as my eyes focused on the paper in front of me.
     All the details floated around my vision as I wrote everything down, and everything felt right. Everything that I wrote down felt right.
     Minutes later, I was done with the test. I quietly put my pen down and looked all around the room, seeing Devi look at me with an eyebrow raised and her mouth half-open.
     I shrugged and looked back to the front, seeing the teacher grade some papers, too.
     "What do I do once I'm finished?" I questioned, feeling everyone's eyes on me again. Slowly, the teacher looked over at me and blinked her eyes a few times before she started speaking out loud, "Excuse me?"
     "I just finished the exam." She blinked a few times again before narrowing her eyebrows and gesturing me to walk over.
     Nodding slightly, I got up from my seat and walked over to the woman's desk, dropping my exam paper in front of her. Her eyes widened slightly.
     "Do you want me to grade it now?" She asked while the took the red pen she had settled at the front of the wooden surface.
     "If you have nothing else to do, it would be good, to be honest." Without further ado, the red inked tip started moving, but not letting down any notes. Unless it was to put a small number at the end of each question, indicating how much I had out of 10.
     After a little moment, she let her pen down and looked up at me, giving me back my exam.
     "Congratulations, Ethan. A+." My ears perked up in interest as I heard her, and once I looked at the white paper sheet, right on the corner at the top, a circled A+.
     I take a deep breath before I look back at her, and giving her a small smile, "Thank you, miss." Should have used "ma'am". She's not a miss. She's old.
     But let's keep all the disrespect I want to give to these people aside right now. I just got my first A+ in a long time.
     Not waiting any further, I gave her the exam again and took my bag, walking out of the class.
     We had the right to go once we were done, and I was already going crazy from how many time I was spending here. Far more than usual.
     Turning on my phone, a smile curved at the corner of my lips as I saw Isabel's text.
Cariño: Come to the mall, I'm trying on dresses for prom
     Cariño: I want you to be the first person to see them on me
     Cariño: I'll let you zip and unzip them
     I didn't answer and instead put my phone back in my pocket, walking right over to the exit then the parking lot, unlocking my car and getting inside of it.
     The drive towards the mall wasn't too bad, just the fact that the rain was making a lot of cars stop mid-road while I had errands to run. So, I might've like, sped up on a small road that was for small speed limits only, and passed through a few red lights.
     Once I got to the mall, I knew where she would be.
     I took the elevator since it was faster, and went straight to Lauren's Dresses, knowing that Isabel would be there. It was a bit too obvious.
     When I reached the entrance, there she was. Holding up a blue dress to the length of her body as she looked at the mirror, probably trying to mold it to her curves, trying to see if it was the perfect fit.
     Everything was a perfect fit for her. Even my coc—
     "You're here!" She said excitedly as she looked at me over her shoulder, and I smiled before walking in, going straight to towards her, then standing behind her.
     "I got an A+, cariño." I announced, looking into her eyes through the glass.
     She draped her dress over the mirror and turned around looking up at me with a soft smile, before grabbing my cheeks suddenly and nuzzling her nose against mine.
     "I just knew you could do it! See! You're not that dumb finally!" She chuckled, before pulling back and still smiling widely at me.
This felt good. Seeing her smiling. A real smile. Just for me.
"It felt really good, not gonna lie." My hands gripped her waist as she got closer, before grabbing my jaw between her hands and plundering my face with kisses, making my cheeks flush at this point.
"I'm really fucking proud of you," She smiled, before she cleared her throat and her smile faded, "Now ask me out for prom."
A snort escaped my mouth when I saw how serious she became just for me to ask her to be my prom date. Basically, we were dating, so wouldn't she automatically become my date?
"Aren't you my date I already?" She slapped my chest and another chuckle slipped out.
"You have to ask me to be your date, asshole." She cursed, pouting her lips at me once she saw that I still had my mouth closed. Again, I laughed at the sight.
"Alright, I guess I have to do this then," I cleared my throat, pulling back slightly only to run a hand through the dark curls of her hair and making her eyes lock directly on mine, before I started to talk again, "Isabella Belmonte, will you be my date for the school prom?"
     This time, she was the one chuckling at my words, but she nodded and answered me, "It could have been something more simple at this point, but yes. I do want to be your date for the school prom."
     I laughed with her again before I leaned down and kissed her, just a small peck of nothing while what I actually wanted to do was just drag her into one of these wide dressing rooms and kiss her and touch her and fuck her until she couldn't scream or breathe or talk anymore.
     God, she was too intoxicating that everywhere we went the only thoughts than ran through my head was getting in her pants. I definitely need to get those detox processes. But that meant they would take her away from me for a long time, and I will never let that happen.
     For the next hour, I kept watching her try on dresses, not even feeling the need to scroll through my phone. She was already fun enough that it entertained me more than I thought it would, anyways.
     "What do you think about this one?" She asked, showing off in a Barbie pink dress that molded to her curves, but it was too hard. She would have a hard time sitting down with that dress on.
     I got up from my seat and took a step over to her, looking at her eyes through the mirror once again, "This looks amazing on you, cariño, but you'll have a hard time sitting down if you buy this one." I answered, resting my chin on her shoulder, my hands in my pockets.
     "You're right, I probably will have a hard time sitting down." I nodded and planted an affectionate kiss on her neck before I took a step back and dat back down on the changing room's bench, watching as she slowly slipped out of the Barbie dress.
     My eyes drifted onto the scars on her abdomen and torso, my jaw clenching as I remembered who and what had caused them. She was just a kid, for God's sake.
     She took a dark red dress from one of the hooks on the wall, slowly starting to slide into the tight fabric until it was perfectly covering everything, and this dress almost made my jaw drop to the floor.
     Dark red, molding to her curves like a second skin, spaghetti straps, rectangular cleavage and a slit on the right side that went all the way mid-thigh.
     Through the perfectly clean glass of the mirror, she looked at me, waiting for any type of confirmation or reassurance.
     Nodding slightly before giving her a soft smile, I answered, "You look perfect."