Chapter 2: Life Now as a 'Butler'

The day started with milady-turned-milord with a duel where milady just had to incite rage to the other party who was a senior with a high noble status. I thought she told me yesterday to keep things discreet unless I wanted the people here to find out what we were doing, but she's exactly doing the opposite!

The magic duel concluded as a draw but the other party, Lord Stanley, looked utterly humiliated and enraged. I got so scared I nearly pissed, but Lord Stanley suddenly stopped and stopped dead in his tracks for a few moments before turning to the opposite direction, "I will remember that wretched face of yours, freshman!"

"Milad-Milord! How could you provoke a senior before the inauguration?!"

"He was so arrogant I had to shove that face to his ass!"

"Please don't say such crude words!"

"At least your aide has a bit of common sense, pretty boy." A guy with an amiable face with glasses came over and patted milady on the shoulder while he turned to look at me, "Hm, your aide is also a pretty boy. Won't you be friends with me? The name's Baron. No surname."

I was surprised. No surname. It was rare for a commoner to attend the Academy where only nobles attend. I looked at milady inquisitively, and she gave a nod and shook hands with him.

"You're that strange guy on the papers the other day."

"Milord!" It sent shivers that milady was now practically letting loose of all the etiquette she had learned until now. It was an incredibly rude remark.

"I can't help that I'm an experiment that needs special attention from the Dean."

"Well, since we both will be getting that special attention, I shall accept this friendship. Call me Abe."

"Lord Abe, and your company?"

"He's the incredibly cheeky aide I regretfully kidnapped from home." milady beckoned me to take his hand to shake and I reluctantly took it.

"It's Rory. Pleased to meet you, Lord Baron."

"Very polite, isn't he? I like him. Since we're both commoners, we shall be good friends."

"Yes, indeed." Milady smiled and we walked to the dorms where we will be meeting with our roommates until graduation.

The fortunate thing about the room in my lady's dorm was that it was big enough to have a loft with a lounge and it was even spacious enough to fit 2 sets of 5-person families. The unfortunate thing is the rooms were open compartments with one bed per square and there were 6 compartments so milady had to share rooms with 10 men with their servants added. The worst part of it all...

"You! You're that freshman!"

"You mean, the one who beat you?"

"Who says I was defeated?!"

"Senior, a draw with a freshman is basically your defeat."

"Milord! Please..." I pleaded with milord and implored the butler with the senior. He looked uptight, but he also looked pallid. I felt sympathy as he also has a lot on his plate with an unpredictable master.

Before another fight ensues, a benevolent and righteous looking person came in between and gripped both of their shoulders, he seemed surprised as he looked briefly at milady but regained composure and scolded them, "Do you think you came here to brawl like barbarians? You should be ashamed of yourselves."

"He started it!" Lord Stanley pointed at milady. Though he does not hold his stare and avoids contact immediately, "You're very strange! It makes my chest boil just from seeing that face of yours! Tell me your name and I will engrave it on my family's Tome of Grudges!"

"Alright. Engrave Abe Monterey Blanc, then."

The whole room went silent. I had no idea what that was so I stealthily elbowed another servant and asked, "Um...what's a Tome of Grudges."

He looked mad, but he coughed and explained, "It's Lord Stanley van Deville's family tradition. Any name on the Tome that's magically written will become the target of the van Deville's curses."

I felt my blood go cold. Not for my lady, but for milord. The actual name owner of the name milady gave was her second elder brother's name.

"Um...what does the curse entail?"

"You really are a country bumpkin. van Deville's curses are about a man's ability to reproduce heirs. So he will not get it up while the curse is in effect. It's the worst."

"R-Really?"

"Why do you look elated? Is your master some kind of sex fiend?"

"Ah, no. Well...I might say,That's a very bad, bad misfortune."

No wonder milady opted to do it! It was a sure way of contraception from the lecherous young master who could not even get his hands off of the pretty maids in the house! If the master wasn't keenly aware of Lord Abe's fiendish nature, he would have already had dozens of illegitimate grand children!

Lord Stanley beckoned his servant and sent a magic paper to engrave Lord Abe's name, "You said it, you bastard! Now I have your family balls! Don't say I didn't warn you, eunuch!"

I almost burst out laughing. Milady gave me a side eye and sent a thumbs up with a serious face. I couldn't keep my composure and hid behind the flustered servant I asked and muffled my laughter.

"Awww, look. Your servant is sobbing." Lord Stanley mocked.

I really tried hard to keep my laughter and ended up clutching at the servants back. His back stiffened up, but I was thankful I was hidden enough not to see me crying from glee.

"F-Forgive me...Pffft."

"I-Its okay. I...I totally understand."

"Lend me your back for awhile... I need to keep myself from seeing my lord."

If I laugh now, my lady will also laugh and it will be bad for both of us.