Questions?

The two had not long left the med hut, leaving Chuck to drag her towards homestead where Alby was patiently waiting for her.

"You're late." He said, turning around to look at the two.

"Sorry, we had to drop off the blankets Newt gave us." Chuck replied.

"Okay, don't let it happen again." He assured her." So, green-bean, it's time for the Tour. We'll be walking around the glade, I'll show you everything and everyone. Leave the questions 'till we finish, in case I answer some while we are walking. Now, I'll run you through the rules."

She looked at him, eager to get the Tour finished so she'd get her questions answered.

"We only have three rules. First, do your part, no time for any freeloaders. Second, never harm another glader, none of this works unless we have trust. And, most importantly, never go beyond those walls."

"Why not?" She questioned.

He stared at her, she could see the seriousness in his eyes. "Because it's not safe."

She nodded, showing her understanding.

"Now, let's show you the glade. We'll go to the deadends first."

"Deadends?" She said, testing the word.

"It's like a graveyard. Shows them shanks what not to do, shows 'em the consequences."

"Cheerful." She muttered.

He nodded his head towards some over grown trees and shrubs.

"There it is. Gorgeous at night, no wondering though, might get lost."

The trees were graciously weaved into one another, the different shades of wood contrasting each other perfectly, before winding down and hiding behind a calluna shrub.

Chuck watched as the two conversed, not sure whether to leave or follow. The chubby boy decided to leave so Alby could properly show her around the glade without any interruptions.

Her hand glided over the bark, the crevices dipped between her fingers as she felt the familiar pattern under her palm. She pulled away, a feeling of nostalgia nestled over her.

"You okay Greenie?"

"Yea-uh, yes." She assured him. He turned around and motioned for her to follow him.

An hour had passed and Alby had shown her around most places. The last stop were the gardens, where the track-hoes worked.

The spines of wood with spiralling greenery stood proud amongst the mist of soil and dirt. Three boys stood in front of her.

Zart, Newt and Freddie.

Zart, the Keeper of the track-hoes, was welcoming and easygoing. She knew they'd be good friends in time. Newt was fairly simple and polite, bare in mind they'd met earlier, he had shown her the different types of plants they were growing and he cracked a few jokes about Frypan's annoyance with the track-hoes. Finally, Freddie. He was rude and insulting when she was left on her own with him as he couldn't possibly be mean to someone in front of Alby, as he thrived off Alby's praise.

Alby had managed to drag her away just in time for lunch.

She was introduced to Frypan, their chef, properly. He was as funny as the other gladers made him out to be, his carefree and easygoing nature made the two become friends quite quickly. At lunch, he was serving ham sandwiches. She didn't realise how hungry she was until she entered the kitchen, the smell of meat and vegetables making her mouth water.

Once she got her food, she made her way to Chuck. The boy had waved her over and patted the seat next to him. A full table awaited her, Minho throwing food around, Newt laughing, Frypan complaining, Ben's shouts and Chucks giggles made her happy.

She was happy. She could get used to this.

Obviously, the terrifying feeling of maybe being trapped in the glade heavily weighed her mind, but she was content and was willing to let go of those thoughts, even for a second.

Minho was first to notice her arrival.

"Hey greenie! I'm Minho."

She waved back shyly. Minho looked at Newt, silently asking if she had remembered her name. The boy shrugged, even if she had remembered, she didn't tell him.

He sighed. "No name, huh?"

"No, not yet anyway." She said.

---------------------------------------

Hey

I'm sorry it's so short, I had no motivation or ideas for this part so here we are. I'm just trying to speedrun the month before Thomas arrives in the glade. It is 3am rn and I'm tired af. But it's been a few days since I've updated anything. I could've done better with this part but oh well. If you have any ideas or anything you want to include, please let me know by either commenting or speaking on my feed.

(go to my tumblr funnyp3rson)

Byeeeeeeee

(737 words)