Trouble Waits For A Victim

Two hours ago, Horror certainly wouldn't have expected to be where he is now. Tied up in a universe he doesn't even know the name of, Nightmare's favourite target sitting in front of him.

He had been apprehended early on in the fight, left covered in tight pink paint, staring at the dirt smushed against his skull until Dream turned him over, a sympathetic smile on the Guardians face.

The entire two minute journey to whatever world he's in now was spent with constant apologies being whispered into his 'ears'.

Now he had his wrists cuffed to a fold up chair in what seemed like an expensive hotel room. Big windows, golden rims on almost everything, white walls, and fuzzy carpets. Just like on Mettaton's spoofs all those years ago. The memory of watching the show with his brother was a fond one that filled his head with a feeling of something missing. Someone missing.

"I'm sorry for what has to happen," Dream said, sounding as if he were tearing up.

He wiped at his eye sockets and turned his focus away from the ground and onto the skeleton he had kidnapped, "Your lives are all so short and I would never feel the need to make it end sooner than it already does."

"But I'm afraid I have no choice in the matter. I can't keep you away from the monsters and humans who want you dead, and trust me, there's quite a few of them. You'll be executed as soon as the news is spread of your capture."

That piqued Horror's interest. If Dream had found a way to kill him, then it needed to happen. All he had been fantasising about for the past few years would finally come true.

"You can kill me?"

Dreams winced, "If I don't, someone else will, and they won't go about it so painlessly. This is the best course of action."

"I didn't-"

"I know. I promise I don't want to do this, I've proposed every other option there is, but your tiny life span is still too big for the people you've hurt, it seems. I know how awful it is when you lose someone early on."

It was Horror's turn to wince, memories of his home coming to the forefront of his mind.

"My brother was lost to your boss hundreds of years ago. We were six, I believe, and I still miss him now. I think of all the time I never spent with him. All the things we could experience together had he still been by my side. It pains me to think of all the hurt your passing will cause. Perhaps I can find a way for you to say some final words to loved ones."

Horror doesn't have the heart to tell Dream he has no one left. That everyone he has ever loved was wiped out by the same creature that had apparently taken his brother.

"Mm. That would be nice."

Dream smiled at him, "When you aren't throwing a cleaver at monsters, you aren't so bad," he chuckled into his palm.

Horror rolled his eyes at the attempted joke, "I would say the same, but you've tied me to a plastic chair."

"Not because I'm organising your execution?"

"Nah. If anything, I'm relieved. 'was so confused when Nightmare destroyed my home, and I was still alive. I thought my eye was what kept me alive. But s'gone now, and I'm still here. Nothin' else has killed me. If anything, I'm relieved," he chuckled.

Dream's small smile fell, "What?"

"S'it so hard to believe? Workin' under Nightmare's the worst. I've wanted this death for years."

"You haven't been able to die?"

"... You didn't know that?" Horror's finger twitched where it laid against the metal chair's leg.

"Shit...what will I tell them.." Dream pushes the plush small sofa he was sitting on away when he stands, beginning to pace around the room as his breathing accelerates, "Shit shit shit.."

"You didn't know that?" he bites out.

"How was I supposed to know that?" Dream snaps, running his hands along his blouse in an anxious manner.

"You fight me all the time!"

"Yes and you usually pass out, not fucking die!"

"D'you want me to say sorry? S'not my fault."

"What do I do with you now? The people will be furious.."

A low chuckle sounded from behind him, "I have a few ideas."

Horror felt the air go cold as Nightmare formed behind him. Great. Just what he wanted to happen.

Of course he wouldn't be able to die. Fate didn't like him enough to let him die. How could he be so foolish? Thinking he could be free from the curse of life.

"You," Dream took in a sharp breath and raised his hand to his side. A pool of blue magic formed between his fingers and a bead of what could have been sweat rolled down his cheekbone. He shot a nervous glance towards his hand, stepping back when he realised his magic wouldn't take form.

Nightmare cackled, "Oh your despair is as cathartic as ever, my dear brother."

"Don't call me that! You are not my creature. You are a parasite that plagues my life for petty reasons only."

The negative being scowled, his form becoming sharper, "You know nothing of me! Your words are just as worthless as you. You couldn't help your brother then and you can do nothing to help anyone now. You have failed at your purpose and I will not rest until you are disposed of."

"I don't fear you," Dream said.

Nightmare scoffed, "We both know that isn't true."

"You are a pathetic creature."

A tentacle shot towards Dream, impaling his chest before being pulled out, bringing magic and blood marrow with it. Dream did not react as the appendage was plunged back in, again and again, although his voice wavered when he spoke, "Your actions are petty and unjust."

"You are an insolent fool! If I didn't know any better I would turn you to stone again," Nightmare growled, bringing a tentacle to cover Horror and probably transport him to his castle.

"I truly hope you return to whatever pitiful universe you come from. You are a mistake I wish the creators hadn't made."

Nightmare hissed and they were in the castle. The chair turned to dust along with the handcuffs.

"If only I had chosen a better vessel so I would not have to deal with that immature neanderthal. I need him gone," Nightmare snarled, grabbing an innocent table and smashing it against the wall.

Horror was about to push himself to his feet when a tentacle wrapped around his face, pulling him by the neck to be right in front of Nightmare.

The monster inspected him with an usual expression on his face. The goop felt as if it was consuming him, slowly spreading over his body, making his bones stiff and impossible to move.

"Perhaps once your purpose has been fulfilled I can find a better use of you than just throwing you away," Nightmare's grin grew, "I can make you perfect."

"I can make you me."

Horror stared into Nightmares eye light, a shaky and poorly crafted illusion.

The tentices were separated from him as quickly as they were placed there, and a part of him longed for their warmth around him again.

"For now you must return to your missions and I expect you to not fail me again. Or our new plan shall be happening sooner than expected," he threatened.

Horror nodded, a motion he barely recognised himself doing, something in him was almost proud to agree to his boss' wishes.

"Perfect."