🖤 Chapter 1: New Student 🖤

~~~~~~~~~Your POV~~~~~~~~~

People usually aren't aware that they're weird; it's not until someone else points it out that the realization hits.

That's something I learned a long time ago.

Even as a kid, I noticed people tended to avoid me. Parents would drag your kids away, and some of the older kids kept their distance by choice. But it never bothered me, not then, I still had a lot of friends. Friends who I thought were normal, friends who saw me as normal.

I had an average childhood, nothing bad, nothing grand. I lost my parents when I was very young, but my aunt took me in when I was a baby and raised me as her own. She adored me as I adored her, and we'd play pretend together all the time. She always greeted my friends when they were around, offered them snacks, play tag. Things were good, things were normal.

Yet, when I started middle school, she was the one that told me to stop this nonsense with my imaginary friends.

At the time, I didn't understand why she was so upset, or why she described my friends as imaginary. But as I tried to maneuver my way through sixth grade, I quickly got my answer; no one could see my friends. No one could hear them, no one could feel them, they even laughed when I said they were right in front of them.

My aunt took me to many doctors to figure out why this game of imaginary friends didn't end, they simply said I'd eventually grow out of it. She seemed upset. I felt guilty. So I stopped bringing up my friends, I started playing a different kind of pretend, pretending my friends didn't exist so I could make new ones, real ones, so my aunt could be happy.

But the real kids didn't like me, they had already labeled me as the weird kid. The freak. Most of my imaginary friends left, hurt by my choices.

High school was no different; we had moved to a town in the middle of Oregon called Gravity Falls, which was a place that would allegedly tolerate my antics. Still, I spent my days alone, dreading every second until I tasted the sweet release of my bed at home, anticipating my graduation so I could move across the country and start anew. No one to call me weird, no one to call me Freak, and no one to ruin my new blank sleight.

Well, no one except for two. "RISE AND SHINE!!"

Hissing as the sunlight hit my face from the opened blinds, I turned my back to it, covering my face with my blanket, "Go away...."

My blanket was immediately pulled off, a cold rush of air making me shiver as a familiar voice spoke to me, "(y/n), it's been half an hour since your alarm went off, you're gonna miss the bus!!"

"Leave me here to die..."

I heard someone sigh, "Ally, get Midnight."

"On it!!" There was a scuffle from the side, and next thing I knew, a ball of fur fell on my face.

"Hey!!"

Childlike laughter filled my bedroom as I sat up, taking the fur off my face. Midnight, my old black cat with tiny white spots on her back, seemed unbothered by the whole ordeal, just pleased to be in my arms. She purred as I pet her back, and a yawn left my lips, "Good morning to you, too."

My two roommates were in front of my bed, their daily looks already clashing against the other. Andy, or Andrés, had his arms crossed and a scowl on his face as usual. His messy brown locks slightly covered his hazel eyes, and most of his milk coffee skin was covered with baggy clothes someone stole from Hot Topic.