Welcome To Headspace

(3rd Person POV)

Welcome to a place known only as Whitespace, where everything is pure white, as far as the eye can see. Resting inside this quiet little void is a young boy wearing a black tank top, long black socks, shorts with a black and white striped pattern. Around the boy appears to be a laptop with nothing on the desktop, some tissues to wipe away one's sorrows, a book with some questionable sketches in it, a sleeping cat, and a lightbulb that's pitch black inside, but still somehow lighting up the room.

The young boy's name is Omori, and he has been in Whitespace for as long as he can remember, but that doesn't seem to faze him at all. After laying against the colourless floor for a while, he stands up, checks on the things in his room, and pets the sleeping cat, before hearing a noise nearby. Upon checking it out, he discovers a shiny knife had fallen down from somewhere, and when looking around to see where it came from, all the can see is either more of the vast emptiness of Whitespace, or some strange red hands that would bring him back to his room.

Eventually, the young boy grows bored of residing inside Whitespace, and chooses to step out through a door, which leads to a more colourful version of the previous environment known as the Neighbour's Room. There, he notices three figures sitting down and playing cards on the floor. Those three are known as Hero, Aubrey, and Kel. They are also known as three of Omori's best friends, which is seen when the only female currently present runs up to the monochrome child upon spotting him, with visible stars in her eyes.

Aubrey: (excited) Hi Omori! We were hoping that you'd come by soon. Wanna play cards with us? We were just about to start another game!

Aubrey turns around to motion to the card game... only to see most of the cards have been scattered when she ran over to greet Omori.

Aubrey: (embarrassed) Oh! Whoops... Nevermind...

Kel: (annoyed) Aww, man... What the heck, Aubrey!? You messed up all the cards! (pouts) I was winning, too.

Hero: Hey there, Kel. There's no need to get angry. It's just a game, after all.

Kel: (still annoyed) Don't give me that, Hero! You only say that because you were losing.

As Hero stays silent, trying to deal with Kel's grumpy attitude, Aubrey gives a pout of her own as she looks to Omori, who hasn't said a single thing since he stepped out of Whitespace.

Aubrey: (crosses her arms) Why is Kel so mean to me!? You know, the other day, that good-for-nothing jerk stole my stuffed toy and hid it somewhere in this room. Why would he do something like that? (sighs) He's so immature... I mean, what did I ever do to him? (gets an idea) Oh, I know! Can you find my stuffed toy for me, Omori? Pretty please?

After listening to Aubrey's rant and request, Omori gives her a thumbs up before searching the room for her stuffed toy. The search didn't last long, as the black and white boy found the toy in a corner of the room, right beside a tentacle rising out of a small hole filled with water, before returning it to Aubrey.

Aubrey: (gasps happily) I-Is that? Could it be? (grabs the toy and happily cuddles it) Hey, Kel! Look, it's my stuffed toy!

Kel: (sees it and becomes confused) W-What the heck? Where did you get that?

Aubrey: (happily beams) Omori found it! Lucky for me, I've got some real friends! (sticks her tongue out at Kel)

Hero: (looks to Kel) Serves you right, Kel. You should know better than to pick on others.