𝟑𝟎. ❙𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭

Start from the beginning

Normally, Spencer would be distracted by the fact that his girlfriend was running his hands through his hair, but because he could tell Valentina had done something irresponsible, stupid, or both, it didn't phase him in the slightest. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything." Valentina emphasized. She had made a quite a huge gesture that she hoped Spencer would like, but when her friend came up with said idea, she was intoxicated and surrounded by Morgan, who too has horrible judgement.

"What did you and Morgan do?" Valentina didn't need to say a word. Spencer knew her like the back of his hand, so it was simple to realize that when she was hiding something, and anytime something goes wrong with her, Morgan is somehow involved.

"Me and Morgan technically didn't do anything." Spencer shot her a look saying he knew she was lying, which she was and corrected herself, "Morgan alone, however..."

"Oh, god. Do I have to call Hotch or hide something from him?" Spencer breathed out as he sat up, resting his back against the headboard. Valentina lifted herself up on her elbow and looked up at her boyfriend as she attempted to defend, "I would just like it to be made known that I was coerced upon the threat of death."

Spencer knew that was an exaggeration, which is why Valentina received a pointed glare. "You were drunk, weren't you?"

"What I may or may not have drank and adopted is irrelevant." Valentina attempted to avoid the question, but whilst doing so, she gave away something incredibly important. Valentina could change her reflexes, natural behaviour, personality type, and lie to pretty much anyone, except for Spencer. She got far too nervous around him.

"Adopt? What do you mean by adopt?" That was the key word that Spencer heard and concerned him greatly. Upon realizing what she had accidentally let slide, Valentina tried to back track, "Nothing. I didn't adopt anything, nothing at all. What did you adopt, Spencer Walter Reid? You're so full of questions, what are you hiding?!"

Spencer honestly thought it was adorable that Valentina panicked so much around him since he never figured he'd have such an effect on the girl of his dreams. That does, however, mean that Spencer knows what she's lying. He quickly got out of bed and rushed out of the bedroom, Valentina following behind him. Spencer was met with the sight of a long, brown haired cat with a chunk missing from his left ear laying on the floor in the sun. Spencer's expression was indescribable. Valentina wasn't sure what else to say other than, "His name's Vincent."

Spencer turned to glare at her, not expecting to see a cat in his apartment. Valentina specified, "You know...Vincent...Like Van Gogh."

"You got a cat?"

"No, no." Valentina moved over to Vincent and picked him up. She held him out in front of Spencer as she corrected, "I got us a cat."

"We have a cat now?" Spencer scoffed, seeing as how this is a commitment that actually takes time and funds. There's planning involved, not simply waking up one day to find a cat in his home. Valentina held the cat closer to her since he was getting heavy, but she too liked having Vincent close to her. "Okay, so you know how when we weren't dating, I flirted with you all the time?"

Spencer nodded his head. "Well, it was because I didn't actually like you yet, so it was easy, but now you're like...you're Spencer, you're perfect. But I actually have to be honest about feelings, emotions, and all that other lame crap, and it makes me feel really weird and I sort of hate it. You did say you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me, which was cheesy, but...I liked it, so...you know...I got us a cat."

"And that's the same thing?" Spencer crossed his arms in front of his chest. Valentina really wished she could have just spoken her mind, but she was trying to make this seem like a good thing. "Well...you can't cuddle words..."