๑♡๑ . 003

chapter three

lexi walked in the house, going to the kitchen to get a drink before she would go to find fabian and her friends.

she got a bottle of cold beer, popping the cap off and taking a sip. then, she walked around searching for fabian, in which he was walking into garage, shutting the door behind him.

lexi raised a brow in confusion before shrugging it off and bumping into yulia.

"there you are! when did you get here?" asked yulia, greeting the girl with a hug. "oh, just a few minutes ago." lexi explained with a smile.

"oh, okay! wanna play beer pong in the garage?" yulia asked. "yeah, sure. i think i saw fabian walk in, i'm gonna go say hi!" lexi exclaimed, following yulia to the garage.

the girls walked inside, being hit by the smell of beer, stronger than how it did outside of the garage.

fabian hadn't seemed to notice lexi, because his back was turned to her, and he was talking to another girl.

based on her body language toward him and how close they were, it made lexi feel sick. because she felt like she was about to be disappointed.

then, she saw fabian lean down to the girl's face, and their lips interlock. lexi gasped and dropped her beer, the glass crashing to the floor and shattering.

the loud sound made everyone, including fabian and the girl turn to her. fabian's eyes widened in realization.

"lexi—i..." fabian stammered, not able to find his words. yulia scoffed in shock. "you cheating asshole!" yulia jeered at him.

lexi stood there, still frozen in utter shock. "who is she?" lexi then asked, squinting her eyes at him. "his girlfriend, stacy. we've been dating for months. who are you?" the girl asked.

"oh, i'm no one. just his ex-girlfriend." lexi smiled sarcastically, then gave fabian a disgusted look before she stormed out of the garage, bursting into tears.

"really, fabian? out of people did i expect for you to do this." yulia sighed, heavily disappointed. yulia rushed through the crowd to find lexi, who ran outside, panting. fabian followed yulia outside until he found lexi.

"alexandra! come here." fabian called out. "you're cheating on her, fabian!" lexi cried. "and lexi! you're cheating on both of them. what the actual fuck!" yulia argued to the boy.

"lexi, bro, chill. it was just a kiss." fabian laughed. "lexi, let's just leave." yulia huffed, grabbing lexi's arm.

lexi pulled away. "no! it wasn't just a kiss, fabian. you dated her. you know, i thought that for once, i finally found the guy. the guy who truly cared about me. i mean, you made me start to be at peace with my mother's death!" lexi ranted.

"dude, i was getting so bored with you. all you fucking talked about was your mother dying, i mean, shit! what was i supposed to do? break up with you?" fabian scoffed in question.

"what's going on?" a voice asked, butting into the conversation. yulia, fabian, and lexi turned to see evan with gabby at his side, clearly still mad about their breakup.

"nothing. lexi's just being crazy, she's drunk." fabian shrugged. "that is not true and we both know that!" lexi snapped back, rolling her eyes.

"lexi doesn't even drink that much, fabe." gabby mentioned. "he cheated on her with some random girl he's apparently been dating for months." yulia addressed with a stressful sigh.

"what the fuck?" gabby blurted out in confusion. "i'm going home." lexi stated, seething in frustration.

"let me drive you." yulia offered. "no, i'm fine." lexi refused and rushed to her car. she hopped in immediately and started the engine, sobbing.

she hurriedly drove off, to another street not to far away. then, her vision got blurry from crying so much that she just stopped driving, she pulled over on the side of the street.

lexi huffed and threw her head back onto the headrest of the driver's seat. she was in serious need of some type of comfort. she started to regret not taking up on yulia's offer to take her home.

she went on her phone, to her mother's contact. lexi pressed the call button.

she waited for an answer that she, deep down, knew she wouldn't ever get.

the call went to voicemail instantly, making lexi hold back tears. "you've reached barb! i'll call you back when i— no, lexi! don't touch that!" barbara's voicemail spoke, lexi's seven year old laugh giggled in the background. then the voicemail ended.

๑♡๑ —
THE NEXT DAY

the group met up at a diner, waiting for ryan, jess's boyfriend to arrive. after the tragic event at rightmart, bobby ghosted the group, including jess.

lexi and fabian were a bit silent, and so were evan and gabby. the whole group knew about evan and gabby, but scuba and jess had no idea about lexi and fabian yet.

"so, lexi. the thought came to me. ryan wants to get to know you and fabe better. maybe we can go on a double date?" jess suggested.

lexi stiffened up awkwardly. "they aren't... together— anymore?" evan informed in an awkward tone too.

"what?" scuba and jess blurted out in sync. "what happened?" asked jess. "the wimp cheated on me." lexi smiled sarcastically.

"okay, fuck you, really. i called you like 30 fucking times this morning and last night so i could explain to you why i did what i did. but no, you wanted to be careless. not only that, you wanted to be a stubborn bi—" fabian ranted, being cut off.

"don't you fucking call me a bitch!" lexi argued, making the group go silent once again. "you really need to chill the fuck out. you're like tweaking or some shit. you're the only one who's yelling." fabian sneered quietly.

"you know what? fuck this. i'm leaving." lexi declared, jumping out of the booth and storming out of the diner, out to her car.

"you really owe her an apology, fabian. you did a real shitty thing and keep blaming her for it." evan told the boy. "why do you care? don't butt into their arguments." gabby demanded.

"why do you care? leave me alone." evan replied, rolling his eyes. "guys, we better not fall apart because lexi and fabian and you two won't get your shit together." yulia stated in a serious tone, looking at gabby and evan as if warning them.

lexi's phone vibrated in her pocket as she hopped in the car. she yanked it out and opened up instagram, in which she was tagged in a photo by a user named @johncarver.

she stared at a photo of a thanksgiving themed decorated dining table, with plates and name tags above them. the name tags had her and her friends name written in them.

"the table is set." the caption wrote. "the fuck?" she mumbled to herself before turning off her phone.

as much as she tried to shake off the weird feeling, the thought still came back to her. after all, she was extremely confused as to why she and her friends were relevant to this post.