Bailey is of course immediately at our feet, and she jumps up on me, wagging her tail excitedly.

"Hi, bails!" I coo, petting her for a moment before following connor up to his room.

Bailey follows close behind the pair of us, and I sit down on his bed. Connor does the same, but I'm at the head of the bed and he's at the foot of it so there's a lot of space between us.

"Wanna do anything specific?" He asks, and I shrug.

"I don't have anything in mind." I answer. "You?"

"Hmm, wanna watch something?" He asks, and I smile.

"Sure! Am I picking or you?"

"You can, crazy girl." He smiles, moving to the head of the bed so he's sitting next to me instead of across from me.

Connor hands me the remote and adjusts how he's sitting, throwing his arm over my shoulder, which makes my face heat up.

It's just physical contact. I need to chill out.

I take the remote and decide to put on The Lion King. Connor laughs a little.

"The Lion King?" He asks, and I nod. "Alright, if that's what you wanna watch."

"Is it not good enough for Connor Noon's standards? Would you like me to change it?" I joke and he shakes his head. "Good. Can we watch both?"

"Both... what?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Both lion kings! The first one and the second one." I laugh, and he furrows his eyebrows.

"There's two?" He asks, and I nod.

"Yes! Did you not know? The second one is super cute too." I answer, "we're watching both, I just decided for you."

He laughs as I press play on the first one, and The Circle Of Life begins to play as the movie starts. I remember what I was planning to ask him, and I hesitate before speaking.

"Connor." I say seriously.

"Kathrine." He answers, in the same serious tone, and i scrunch my nose up in disgust.

"Don't call me that." I mutter as I laugh a little, and he laughs too.

"Sorry, crazy girl. I thought we were being formal. What's up?" He asks.

"Uh..." I swallow. "What are we?"

"What do you mean, Kate?" He asks, "like, relationship wise?"

I nod. "It's a stupid question, never mind."

"No, it's not stupid." He reassures. "We're friends, aren't we? That means you can ask me these sorts of things."

Friends. Alright... I can act like we're friends.

"Right! Right..." I nod. "We're friends?"

"Yeah, we're friends. Did you think we weren't?" He questions, and I shrug.

"I dunno. But uh... thanks for being okay with the question. Let's just— let's watch the movie now." I mumble, avoiding his eyes.

"Alright..." he whispers, pressing play on the remote.

We're really just friends? But I swore... I swore there was something more there. Was I wrong? He doesn't see me how Lauren thought he did?

"Crazy girl?" Connor snaps his fingers at me. "You're totally spaced out. You alright?"

"Wh— huh? Oh. Yeah, I'm fine, C." I mutter.

"Okay, if you say so." He replies, and I lay my head on his shoulder.

We watch the movie, but I can't stop thinking about how Connor just hardcore friend zoned me.

Oh well, I guess. At least he doesn't know that I have feelings for him. It could've been worse.

Bailey curls up in between us as we watch the movie, and I pet her repeatedly as the movie plays, not really minding that she's laying on my legs.

I should've known between them to assume he'd like me back, we haven't known each other for that long...

. ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°

jenna speaks!

friend zoned... or so she thinks 🙈.

Do you think connor truly sees her as a friend or do you think he reciprocates her feelings?

I'm hoping to get the next chapter posted later this week, as this chapter concludes volume one! get ready for volume two, it's angsty.

I love you all so so much and thank you for reading!