18

LEAD SINGER OF GUNS N' ROSES AXL ROSE ENGAGED TO LONG-TIME GIRLFRIEND: EXCLUSIVE

Axl Rose has always been one to be caught in the headlines about the singer's on-brand profanity and disruptive acts in his notoriously rowdy band GUNS N' ROSES, but, for once, he makes the front page of this newspaper for a less degenerative event.

Rolling Stone Magazine was the first to report on the rumoured engagement on January 30th of this year, with speculation that Axl Rose and his girlfriend-of-four-years Erin Everly, daughter of Don Everly of the Everly Brothers, had gotten engaged after a photo taken by paparazzi emerged the day before showing a glistening ring on Everly's finger. We at Rolling Stone reached out to Axl to confirm the speculation, to which he replied in the affirmative.

Many fans point out the engagement as 'unlikely' and 'ridiculous' because of the many public arguments the pair was seen getting into following GUNS N' ROSES' debut album "Appetite For Destruction" gaining popularity. So, many people are questioning why the couple would continue and pursue their relationship despite the tabloid's chatter, but they are also very congratulatory, wishing the two success in all their future endeavors.

Rolling Stone Magazine will continue giving updates on AXL ROSE and ERIN EVERLY's relationship, hoping to provide you with all the juicy details of their latest news and drama.

(Rolling Stone Magazine, February 1st, 1990, Archive page 4)

MUSIC:

SEATTLE GRUNGE: the new Rock hotspot of the decade. (see on page 12)

THE 5TH ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME: who were this year's inductees? (see on page 21)

SPORTS:

SUPER BOWL XXIV: A breakdown of how the San Francisco 49s beat the Denver Broncos 55-10. (seen on page 27)

POLITICS:

CHINA ENDS MARTIAL LAW: will the depression ever leave Beijing? (see on page 35)

-

Lita strummed the end of the guitar riff. A beep sounded on the other side of the glass recording studio. Looking through the soundproof glass, Melissa and Della clappeed. "That was perfect!" Della shouted, and Lita could hear her voice softly as they finished the track. "Just perfect! I'll make sure to overlay it over the rhythm and Della's drums once we get Jack to record the bass track," Melissa spoke through the microphone, her voice booming through the speakers of the recording studio.

Lita moved into the room where Della and Melissa sat, the three of them speaking excitedly about the new song. "I'll talk to him when I get back home," Lita shuttered, "and he still needs to do the track for our first single, so he'll be back in the studio soon."

Lita Monroe really didn't want to confront her boyfriend on his participation in the album, but it would need to be done soon before they went forward with any more songs. And nobody else in the band would want to stand up to Jack when it came to the band's music, for if he played when Lita wasn't there, she would be sure to harp on them with her perfectionist attitude.

"At least we have two songs done," Della spoke up.

Della had been the only one in the band, second to Lita herself, to put effort into the new album in the last weeks. Lita didn't fault either Jack or Melissa though: Jack had been going through his own issues after the fight that ensued on the 21st, and Lita had been giving him time to get it together before she pushed him to do his part. She was still empathetic for him, for some reason, despite what happened recently. And it was evident that Melissa's first concern wasn't the band. Since the Silent Cherrie's beginning, Melissa was always going back-and-forth between them and also working with other bands. Lita couldn't blame her, it was fun to think about pursuing a solo career, not having to worry about the conflict that came with having a band. Melissa was also the only one of the four to have a real, serious relationship (discrediting Jack and Lita for obvious reasons).