𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐈 𝐖𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐭,

February 5th 2024
Ray Pov
at school
10:34 am

Lay-Lay didn't show up to school or answer my text or calls.
I was slowly getting more impatient and nervous, I didn't know what happened. I went to her house, but no one answered; all the cars were in the driveway, including hers. I even went to her window and knocked but no response no noise no lights throughout the whole house.

I was started to become more and more scared and checking my phone every two or three minutes, I was afraid what Ari did to her. I started overthinking and caught a panic attack mid Spanish class.
I went home that day, I cried and cried,
I didn't know what happened to her or her family.

Until I heard cop sirens, it was very fatal at first, but then became louder and louder as if they were right by my house, I got a quickly and seen the cops were to Lay-Lay house.
I got up quickly I didn't even have time to put on clothes for the cold weather, I ran outside and ran to her house.
There were multiple ambulance and police, as I seen them bring out Lay-Lay and her family.

I ran fast and was asking paramedics if she was okay,
"what the fuck?!, is she gonna be okay?!. what happened?" I screamed as I held her cold hands.
They were still a little bit warm, the paramedics just ignored me and told me to back up; I could see blood all over her shirt.
I didn't know what the fuck happened,
The paramedics and cops allowed me to ride in the ambulance with her.

Come to find out one of her family members haven't heard from her in two days and decided to send out a welfare home check because the family member was getting more worried,
I found out that she was stabbed  3x and her family was as well..
we got to the hospital, I tried to go to the back with them and her, but they wouldn't allow me to..

I called my mom to let her know and she rushed there immediately, I sat waiting for news for about two hours. Until I seen the doctor come and I got up, "is they okay?!" I yelled, "well yes they are, but Lay-Lay is in a coma.. she shouldn't be in a coma for too long maybe three days. her mom and sister is still alive, it's incredible. How they're still here, but for her stepfather is nowhere to be found.." the doctor said as my mom hold me tight.

"can I see her?" I asked wiping my tears as my mom assured me everything was gonna be alright, "yes, but she is still bleeding a little.. I just find it so amazing and incredible that they were able to survive for two whole days" the doctor went on about.

After we finish our conversation, my mom stayed in the waiting room as I went check on Lay-Lay. It hurt me so much watching her lay in a bed all alone, she looked pale in my opinion.
I walked up to her and kissed her on her forehead as I held her hand crying, I couldn't believe it.
It made me start to think that her stepdad did something knowing that when she went back home, they got into a really big argument.

I was just happy she was alive, but I wasn't happy about what happened and wish she had to face plus the trauma that she will have when she wakes up,
"you okay?" I heard a voice behind me as I turned around..
It was a police officer came to ask me questions, "yea.." I said, wiping my tears.
"do you know anything about this?" She asked me as she pulled a chair closer to me and sat down.

" All I know is we stopped talking for two days and I grew more and more worried, but I know that the day she went home coming from my house her and her stepdad gone to a really big argument because she text me that night about it..
I thought maybe her crazy ex has something to do with it." I said, as I wiped my tears and started to shake.

" do you know her step father name?" The officer asked me as she took out a paper and pen.
" I think his name was something like William Jackson" I said, trying to remember if that was correct.

" will she be okay will she ever wake up?" I asked.
"well.. from what I heard, she will be fine but I'm sure she went in and out of consciousness after it happened because she still survived it and including her sister and mom; her sister and mom is awake surprisingly.. but as for her she won't be up until about a few days no more than a week I promise" the officer said as she held my hand..

" Are you her relative?" The officer asked me.
"no.. i'm one of her friends" I said, quite hesitant.
We continued a normal conversation about Lay-Lay and her family.
When the officer walked out, I looked back at Lay-Lay to see her staring at me, which scared the hell out of me.

"you up already?" I asked. "hmm" she mumbled as she closed her eyes. Then I heard a loud of beep noise coming from her machine as I realize that she was she probably stop breathing..

I got up real quick, rushing out the door and yelling for the nurse to come. A bunch of them came, and did a lot of work on her. Come to realize the fucking machine was malfunctioning🙄 and Lay-Lay had just woke up from a coma and closed her eyes. I figured she was probably still tired.  But yes, I did yell at the nurse for not making sure the machine was not going to malfunction.. scared the fuck out of me. I thought I lost my baby..