My Mortal Friends

PERCY'S POV:

I WOKE UP and I got dressed quickly.

I dressed up in a pair of jeans and black high tops. I put on an old faded Nirvana T-Shirt and brushed my teeth and tried to comb my hair. It failed.

Grabbing my bag, I headed into the kitchen, where Paul was eating a bowl of Kix. I poured some blue cereal into a bowl and poured milk into the bowl. I scarfed it up like I hadn't eaten in years.

"Where's Mom?" I asked Paul in between bites.

"Sleeping," Paul replied, also in between bites.

If there was one thing we had in common, it was eating. We both had an appetite fit for a large mutant dog with three heads.

A minute later, we were in his car.

"So, Perce," Paul started. "How do you think the kids at school will be to you this year?"

I sighed, "Meh. I mean, Annette has defended me a lot."

"Annie is a good person, you know."

I smiled. "She is."

•••

I was at my locker, and somebody came up to me.

"Perce!" Xander yelled.

Xander Jobs was my age- seventeen. He had brown hair that went over his hazel eyes and was kind of nerdy. He was one of my best friends.

"Xander! Where's Annie and Liv?" I asked him, curious.

Liv Jones was seventeen like Xander and I. Her hair was blonde and her eyes were an icy blue. She was a bookworm.

Annie was Liv's younger sister. Annie, or Annette, was fifteen and a sophomore. Her hair was a dyed dark black and her eyes were icy blue.

"They're coming, in three... Two... One..."

Xander was right. Liv and Annie suddenly appeared.

Liv was wearing a pair of blue skinny jeans and flats with a simple white blouse.

Xander, I realized, was wearing a pair of jeans and a Giants jersey with high tops.

Annie, forever the punk of the group, was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and a black Fall Out Boy shirt and black combat boots.

"Sorry, Liv was being a brat in the car."

"Was not! It was you! You wanted to listen to Paramore instead of Whiz Khalifa! My car, my rules."

Annie rolled her eyes at her older sister.

"What's your schedule like, Perce?" Xander asked me.

I glanced down at my schedule.

Home Room: Mr. Blowfis

First Period: Algebra 2 with Mrs. Ruler

Second Period: Physical Education with Coach Jim

Third Period: Marine Biology with Miss Fisher

Fourth Period: American History with Mr. Jefferson

Fifth Period: Art 1 with Mrs. Clay

Sixth Period: Lunch

Seventh Period: School of Rock with Mr. Note

Eighth Period: English 3 with Mr. Blowfis

"Ah, we have everything but Fifth, fourth and third," Xander stated, grinning.